Chapter 34

Albus's point of view

Dear Albus. I'm sorry we didn't have enough time. I should have sent an owl after I left. We need to talk in private. Come to my place whenever you can. I live in the abandoned pub in Hogsmeade. The door is enchanted by a lock charm, but there's a secret passage on the right side of the building. //Delphi 

Albus was sitting on the edge of his bed as he read it. His thoughts of Scorpius had somehow distracted him and he had almost forgotten about Delphi. He read the letter once again. The abandoned pub. He couldn't remember what they called it, only that it shut down as the owner died. No one had come near that place ever since.

Albus folded it and put it in his drawer along with the other letter. Then he heard the door open. He looked up and saw Scorpius slowly walking over to him.

"There you are," he said. They hadn't spoken in a week so Albus was pleased to hear his voice again.

"Here I am," Albus repeated. Scorpius took a seat beside him. "Where have you been all morning?"

"With Bea. She just woke up."

"Good to hear. How is she?"

"She's fine. She just needs to get some rest." 

There was a silence and Albus wished he could change the subject. 

"Have you heard anything from Delphi?" Scorpius asked. Albus shook his head in denial. Scorpius gently put his hand on his back. "You know that I'm asking because I'm worried."

"Don't be. I'll be fine." In his surprise Scorpius hugged him. "So I guess we hug again now?" Scorpius laughed and released him.

"I've missed you, Albus. I've missed my best friend." Albus was touched by this.

"I've missed you too," he said although he missed something more than his friend.

"Oh and another thing," said Scorpius and pulled something out of his pocket. "This came today. Have you heard anything about it?" It was an invitation to Teddy and Victoire's wedding. Albus nodded since he got one as well.

"Teddy mentioned it last summer."

"Looking forward to it," said Scorpius.

"I'm looking forward to see James's half naked indian performance," Albus grinned.

"Excuse me?" Scorpius laughed.

"He made a joke about it when we decided that Lily was going to be the bridesmaid. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did it. You should see him when he's drunk," Albus told him and began telling him about his story when James once came home drunk, and he had to help him up the stairs careful not to wake their parents. Another time when he was drunk he asked Albus to cast a patronus charm and make it dance. Albus's patrons was a hippogriff and James wanted an answer for the question from the song by The Weird Sisters. They both laughed so much they had to catch their breaths.

"OWL's are coming up soon," Scorpius reminded as the subject died out.

"I know," Albus sighed since he hadn't studied.

"Have you studied?" Albus shook his head.

"Maybe you can help me out?" he suggested. Scorpius nodded.

"I would like that."