Chapter 17

*** I'm in a glass case of emotion ***

We sit down at a round table with Gaara. There's already a few people sitting here.

"Hey Gaara." I say to break the silence.

"Oh hey Sasuke." Gaara says in his very deep and gritty voice. How could a voice that deep come out of such a small person. He didn't say anything else and the silence at the table started to creep back.
"How ya doing Gaara?" Naruto chimed in, as happy as could be.

"I'm fine." He said. Man he isn't much for conversation. I take a bite out of my pizza and try to ignore the awkward silence and get on with my lunch, but no.

"Excuse me..." the girl sitting to Gaara's right said. "I'm Gaara's older sister, Temari. I don't mean to be rude when I ask but, are you two Naruto and Sasuke?"

"Uh yeah..." I say. I don't know where she's going with this.

"Oh cool! How long have you two been going out?" she questioned.

My face became flushed red and I got really defensive.

"We're not going out! Why would you ask that?!" I scream back.

"Sorry, sorry... ya know I just thought because of yesterday..." She trailed off.

I look over at Naruto, he's blushing too.

"J-just forget I said anything." She added.

It went silent again at the table, and I tried to hurry up and finish my lunch, but someone else had to talk.

"Hi I'm Gaara's older brother, Kankuro." The guy sitting to his left said.

"Wait," I said. "If your his older brother why are you in the same class as him?"

"Oh." He seemed shocked for me to ask that. "Well I am a year older it's just, my parents made me wait another year to start school, so I could watch over my little brother Gaara." He ended with a smile and ran his hand through Gaara's hair to mess it up.

"Don't touch me." Gaara muttered, and Kankuro stopped.

"Well Temari how old are you?" Naruto asked.

"Oh I'm a year older that Kankuro, I'm actually a Senior here."

"That explains why I haven't seen you before." I said.

"Yeah, the upperclassmen only really interact with the lower classes during lunch because we all have the same lunch time."

I took the last bite of my lunch and was getting up to throw it away, and maybe even move tables.

"Hey Sasuke." Gaara said. "I don't know if anyone told you this but we have gym as our last period today."

"Gym?" Naruto said, almost scared just thinking about it.

"Yeah," Gaara said. "Don't worry about it too much, we're just doing a fitness test."

Naruto let out a sigh of relief, I almost forgot he has had bad experiences with gym.

",Oh and a swim test." Gaara added.

***f is for friends that do stuff together***