Chapter 22

***I based this story off of a dream I had, you think it's cool now, just you wait***

Guy called names out, same as last time. Eventually it got to me, I got my suit and sat back down. I look over my trunks and they look like what I would usually wear to a swim meet, they are the length of trunks but a bit tighter.

Naruto goes up next, receives his suit and walks out the door. Guy didn't even bat an eye at him. I guess Naruto really did get his way with this and got to skip swimming.

Guy handed out the rest of the suits and started shouting orders again.

"All right go change and I'll meet you at the pool."

We all got up and walked in a heard to the locker room, I feel kinda alone now that I don't have Naruto to talk to. I almost got used to him standing next to me.

A guy pushed me through the door and we all packed in, this locker room is pretty small for such a nice school you think they could afford a bigger one. I find my locker 'Sasuke Uchiha', and start undressing. I couldn't help but think about yesterday when I changed in front of Naruto. He probably thinks I'm an asshole, but I don't know. Things between us are weird.

I leave the locker room and the familiar smell of chlorine hits me, it brings me back to to when I was on the swim team, I miss it so much. I look around to see what to do, so I line up against the wall in the pool room with a couple others. Guy tells us once everyone is here that he is sending in five people at a time to swim the length of the pool for part of the test. I'm in that first group of five to go.

"Alright!" Guy yelled out. "I'm only going to explain this once, you can dive in or climb in, you can doggie paddle or whatever. I don't care what you do as long as you can make it from that end of the pool and back without drowning. Got that everyone?"

And everyone all said yes.

"Alright first group go when ready."

I got into position and dived into the water, I already decided beforehand to do my best and to show off a bit, even though I don't have Naruto here to show off too. I stay underwater for a couple seconds longer, still paddling froward, until I surfaced. I started a butterfly stroke hoping Guy would notice and be impressed. I reached the wall and flipped into a backstroke. I feel so calm and untroubled when I'm swimming, I almost forget what I'm doing.

My hands crash into the wall and I almost slam my head, I feel so embarrassed.

"Very good Sasuke! I forgot you were apart of a swim team."

I rolled my eyes, I couldn't tell if he was serious or not. I got out of the pool and parked myself on the bleachers in here until it was time for us to tread water. Still I was the only one not talking to anyone, I can't tell if they're ignoring me because they really don't care, or if they're ignoring me because they don't want to give me too much attention because of yesterday. Either way I'm still alone.

"Hey." I heard someone say. I look to my right and it's Shikamaru. "I wanted to apologize for ya know, switching your school uniform with Naruto's." He sat down next to me, waiting for a response.

"It's fine I guess." I told him and shrugged.

"Speaking if him, why haven't you talked to anybody else? Ya' know there's other people to talk to than him."

He leans back relaxing, and watching the others swim.

"I don't feel like talking to anybody else."

Shikamaru gives me this weird look.

"What you and Naruto close or something?" He asks.

"Can't say we are... I just met him two days ago."

"Damn really? Everyone thought by the way you reacted that you knew him well."

I lean back not responding to him, I know Naruto better than others, but I feel like I don't know him as well as his only real friend should.

***sorry it took so long to update >_<
Anyway do you ever have those dreams where you feel like they're real and you wake up crying? just me?***