Chapter 35

As I look back at the school in the snow, it looks quite beautiful. Or it might just be because I'm in a better mood. I feel so much better after getting that off my chest. And now I'm finally in his car, and we're on our way to his house. Naruto is sitting up front in the passenger seat and I'm sitting right behind him, staring out the window. Watching the houses go by. Then I notice where we are.

"Hey, we're close to my house." I say without thinking. Iruka slows down.

"Do you want me to swing by your house? I don't mind.

"No." I immediately respond.

"Are you sure? You could grab some more clothes or see your brother." He offers.

"I brought all my things with me when I started this school. And I would rather see my brother dead."

A silence falls over us. Iruka doesn't really know how I feel towards my brother.

"I'm sure you don't fell that way... but if you want to you can stay the two weeks with us. Me and Naruto surely don't mind."

I take a deep breath in, I need not to worry about my brother so much.

"I would love to, but I need to... work sometings out with him. And I would much rather do that when I'm in a better mood, after spending some quality time with my best friend." I say and try to laugh it off. They laugh too, I hope they understand what I mean.

"And don't forget me." Iruka adds in.

"Okay. After spending some quality time with my best friend and the coolist dad I've ever met."

"That's much better." Iruka says as we all laugh together. This is going to be the best week I've had in a long time.

-

After about another 45 minutes we arrive at his house. His home seems so welcoming and warm.

"Hey Sasuke, let Naruto give you a tour and I'll bring your stuff inside."

"You dont have too, let me-"

"I insist, I want you to enjoy yourself."

I smile and nod as Naruto grabs me by my arm and showed me through the pathway. Snow is crunching under our feet as we make our way through the shrub lined pathway. Everything in sight is covered in a thick layer of pale white powder, it's a natural thing everyone looks foward to, and the world even seems brighter too.

Then why do I hate the snow so much?

"Quit draggin your feet! I can't carry you!" Naruto complains and it snaps me out of my thoughts. We climb up on the porch and stomp out the snow from our shoes. His front door is beautiful, it looks like someone broke a pane of glass and glued it back together. Naruto pushes down the handle and leads me inside. The house is two stories tall but there probably isn't a second floor. Because when you first walk in you're in the living room it has an angled ceiling. You can see the rafters. There is even a skylight, to let in the sun, or the stars.

The living room is quite cozy. There is a open wood fireplace to your left with the couch and chairs focusing around it. The TV is also on top of the mantle. And in the corner also to my left is where the Christmas tree sits, standing next to the bay window for all the passing drivers to see. And to my right is a wall with three doors, and further ahead to my right is the kitchen.

"I don't think I have to explain the living room. And here is where the basement is." He says as he opens the door to the right. "This is a coat closet." Then he opens the door in the middle. "And this place is my favorite." He opens the door on the left and I see a carpeted stairway.

"Follow me." He whispers excitedly. I follow him up a narrow stairway and turn on a landing that leads us to the left and the stairs widen up.

"This is the loft. I spend more time here than my room."

In this little loft was an air mattres covered in blankets and pillows. There is also books spread about the room, most of them not even on the bookshelf that was provived up here. And to my left we was over looking the living the living room, we must be over the kitchen.

"The best part is, if you stay up here at night. You can see the stars."

I look up and through the skylight, even though it's still light out I can only imagine the view. I feel Naruto's hands touch mine as I'm still looking around. He holds them tight as I focus my eyes on him. He kisses me, but soon breaks away as we hear the door open and his dad stumble inside. Naruto leans to my ear and whispers. "Don't tell my dad about us yet."

He breaks away and says, "I'll tell you when it's time." And forces a smile.

"Okay. Whatever you want."