Part One

Declan Donnelly watches as his best friend laughs along with their crew of I'm a Celebrity in envy. He hasn't laughed truly in months. He's forgotten what it feels like to be happy. He's completely numb. He's done well hiding it, though. Not even his best friend of two decades has noticed.

Ant has no idea of his best friend's suffering. He's noticed that Dec is tired more often, but he puts that down to their busy schedule. They're starting their 2nd week of I'm a Celebrity and Ant couldn't be more excited. He loves working on the set and being in Australia. The crew are amazing and really make the days even more enjoyable. It was only 5:25am, but Ant was wise awake.

Unlike Declan. The smaller man was stood alone in the corner, watching everybody around him laugh, smile, talk, high five...completely unaware of his presence. It should've hurt him, but he felt nothing. Feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket, he pulled the small device out and looked at the screen. His mam had texted him.

Hey, sweetheart. I hope you're enjoying Australia. We're all missing you back at home. We can't wait to see you again. We'll be watching again tonight. I love you so much. Xx

He smiled. Then it vanished within seconds. He loves his mam, he really does, but even now he felt nothing. He hated it. He was emotionless and it scared him. He just wanted to feel again. He can't remember what emotions felt like. What did it feel like to be happy? To laugh? To cry?! He didn't feel like himself. He was truly terrified.

"Right!" The producer suddenly yelled, startling him from his thoughts, "Let's rehearse this link one more time then we'll break before we go live," The crew were instructed. Dec reluctantly forced his feet to move into position next to Ant, who turned to him and grinned.

"Alright, pal?" He was asked and he plastered a smile onto his face and nodded. "Of course I am! Let's do this," He replied, hoping his voice was convincing enough. Clearly it was because his best friend simply patted his shoulder just as the producer yelled to start.

//

Note from the author - Hiya! So, this is my first Ant and Dec story. This was an idea I've had in my head for a few days, so I decided to test it out on you guys. :)

I've been a fan of Ant and Dec since I was born, basically. I grew up with SMTV etc and I've always loved those Geordies. So, I thought I would write a story about them.

It's a very short chapter, but, as I said, it's an experiment and I want to know what you guys think before I continue. The chapters will get longer, promise. I'm just not sure what people will think.

Please give me your opinions. I love hearing from people. :) anyways, if you got this far, thank you. Can't wait to hear from you.

- Ellen x