Part Fourteen

I had arrived home from Byker rehearsals. My mam and dad were watching telly in the lounge. I threw off my coat and kicked off my shoes before heading to my parents.

"Good afternoon, pet," My mam smiled as I curled up next to her. I yawned behind my fist and I heard my dad chuckle lightly.

"Big day today, son? With Byker?" He asked, to which I just nodded at and closed my eyes. I felt mam kiss my forehead and gently rubbed my arm.

"Why don't you come and help me with the shopping in a bit? Wake you up some?" I thought about it before sitting up and nodding. Mam smiled and kissed my head again.

"I'll go and change!" I said, jumping up and running up to my room. All I remember was slipping over and whacking my head on the chest of drawers before everything went dark.

//

Anne was sat next to her son's bedside when she heard small whimpers. She put down her book and immediately turned her attention to Dec, who's head was shaking from side to side and his eyes were screwed shut as sweat covered his skin.

"Declan? Sweetheart?" She softly spoke, running her hand gently through his greasy hair. "Decky, pet, it's mam, I'm here,"

"Da," He whimpered, "Da!" He suddenly screamed, bolting up right as his eyes widened in fear. Anne hurriedly pressed the panic button.

"Declan, Sweetheart, it's mammy, pet, I'm here," Anne was now tearing up as the doctor rushed into the room and gently pushed Anne aside.

//

Ant arrived with Eammon about an hour later. They were very worried to see Anne sitting outside Declan's room. Eammon rushed over and immediately gathered his mam into a hug.

"What's happened?" Ant asked, trying to hold back his emotions as he anxiously bit his nails. Anne looked up and smiled sadly at her son's best friend.

"Oh, Anthony, he woke up! Declan woke up," She said, but then looked down, "But, he was having a nightmare. He was so distressed, my poor baby," She began to cry, "He was calling for his dad," Eammon tightened his grip around his mother at hearing this, "He didn't know I was there. He was just crying, I couldn't stop him!" Anne sobbed into her son's chest.

Ant was stood still in shock. He couldn't believe what he just heard. Dec was getting better. Wasn't he? He leant against the wall, feeling his head spin. Suddenly, a doctor appeared from the room and all went quiet as everyone waited with bated breath.

"How is he? How's my son?"

//

Note from the author: I'm so sorry if this chapter is so short and awful. I've had the worst night ever last night and today hasn't been the best either. But, I wanted to get something up at least.

I hope you guys like it at least. Thanks for always supporting me. I love you guys. ❤