Part Eighteen

Note from the author:
Hey guys. I know it's been a while since I last updated but as you guys know, mentally I've been struggling and it's just been hard for me to find the motivation needed to post again.
I just want to thank you all for being so patient and supportive of me while I took time to get my head around everything.
Y'all are just awesome!
Anyways, I've decided to post another chapter for you all but it'll be short again...sorry! But, I hope you enjoy it! ❤

//

Bob knocked gently on the door and waited patiently for the all clear to go in. As he waited, his mind took him through all sorts of scenarios, some bad, some good. He doesn't think he could cope if something bad (well...even worse than what's happened already) happened to Declan or to Ant.

As he closed his eyes to bid these thoughts farewell, the door opened quietly and there stood Martin Donnelly. Bob smiled briefly and greeted the elder sibling softly before stepping into the room.

Sitting at Declan's bedside was Eammon Donnelly, Anne Donnelly and Anthony McPartlin. Martin was stood beside his mother, keeping a hand on her shoulder to offer some comfort.

"Hullo," Bob whispered, not wanting to make much noise in the quiet hospital room. Anne, Declan's mother, turned to him and stood up. She said nothing as she approached him and wrapped him into a warm hug. Bob returned the gesture and closed his eyes.

"Thanks for being here, Bob," She murmured, squeezing him comfortingly for a few seconds before releasing him. Bob smiled at her and nodded his head.

"I'd do anything for Declan," He replied, stepping closer to the bed. He stopped as he got behind Ant and placed a warm hand on the younger Geordie's shoulder. This seemed to startle Ant out of whatever dream he was in.

"Hey pal," Bob whispered gently, wrapping his arm around Ant's shoulders. Ant smiled and leaned into the touch.

"Hey Bobbo," He replied, almost inaudible, but Bob heard the slight crack in his voice and tightened his grip.

"How's he doing?" Bob asked after a brief silence.

It was Eammon who replied, "He's slowly making improvements. The doctor said he's stable now and his breathing is getting stronger each day. He woke up for a short while yesterday and managed to eat, albeit very little, but that's definitely a step in the right direction,"

Bob nodded along and he couldn't help but grin as the good news was shared. He looked back down at the unconscious lad and reached a hand out to gently card it through the scruffy hair.

You'll be just fine, Declan Donnelly.

//

Second note:
This is the shortest (and worse) chapter I've ever written and I am so disappoint with myself. You guys deserve better but right now, this is the best that I can do.
I am so, so sorry that this chapter is so bad. I hope you can forgive me...

If you want to stay up to date with what's happening with me right now or if you just want to know what else is happening in my life, then you can go follow me on Twitter and Instagram: (@)anthanddec 

(Shameless plug there^^ sorry!!)