Part Twenty Two

5 days later

Dec was sat up in bed, laughing and joking with his family. Everyone had flown out to Australia to be there because Dec was being released and his siblings all demanded they be there to help and support him.

Ant was grinning, sitting silently in the corner watching his best friend laugh with his family. He hadn't seen Dec laugh, let alone smile genuinely, in so long and it made him so happy to see.

Dec's nephew Alfie was sitting on the hospital bed next to his uncle, feeling comforted and warm knowing that everything was looking up now.

//

"Right Declan," The doctor smiled, "Your discharge papers are all signed so you're ready to get out of here," Dec grinned and slipped on his shoes quickly before standing up. "Now, Anthony had your medication; one a day for 3 months then we'll review your progress. I will have your notes sent to the UK so you'll still have the check ups when you get home," Dec nodded as he listened, knowing that this was important information.

Just as the doctor finished explaining this, Ant poked his head round the door and grinned at his best friend. "Right Decs," He began, "I have your medications so we are ready to go home," Ant said, holding up a pharmacy bag to prove his point. Dec smiled warmly and held out a hand for the doctor.

"Thanks for everything doctor. Really, thank you," Said Declan. The doctor just grinned and made a 'shoo' motion with his hands. "You're very welcome Declan. I hope I don't see you in here any time soon," He joked, walking the pair to the door.

Ant and Dec laughed heartedly and both hugged the doctor, much to his surprise. "Thank you again, mate. It means a lot to all of us," Ant whispered as he gave the doctor one last squeeze before letting go and looping his arm around Dec's shoulders.

"Come on Doolittle, let's go home," He paused, "Well, back to the apartments," The pair laughed as they waved goodbye and left the hospital.

//

Anne, Martin, Alfie, Bob and Christine were waiting outside Dec's apartment for his arrival and when they saw the car pull up, Alfie ran over and hugged his uncle as he stepped out the car.

Dec laughed fondly and hugged back, kissing the teenager's head as he did so. "Hey pal," He greeted, pulling away and grinning boldly. Alfie grinned back and grabbed his uncle's hand and dragged him to where his family was waiting.

Dec was pulled into a group hug and he felt the tears wanting to fall, but he held them back. He didn't want this to be a sad time. This was the happiest he's felt in a long time and he didn't want to ruin this moment.

As Anne pulled away, she immediately began fussing, as mother's usually do. "You must be hungry, come on in and I'll make you your favourite," She said, "Would you like a cup of tea? Maybe some water? Or some juice? What do you want baby?" Declan quietly chuckled and grabbed hold of her shoulders gently to keep her quiet.

"Mam, I'm fine. Honestly, I am. I just want us all to settle in the lounge and chill out. Just talk about things and enjoy the company," He smiled, guiding her to the couch. Anne smiled and hugged her son.

"I love you so much Declan," She whispered lovingly, pulling away from the hug and kissing his forehead, "I am so proud of you,"

With that, the rest of the group joined and they all day in comfortable conversations.

//

Note from the author:
Happy #WorldMentalHealthDay guys!
I know this chapter is short and I'm so sorry. But I hope you've enjoyed anyways.

Also, I have great news:
I have an audition date with the producers of Britain's Got Talent!!! I am so excited!!

Anyways!
If you enjoyed, please let me know as that is why I continue updating. You guys are awesome. Thank you so much.

🖤🖤