Part Four

Note from author - I'm so sorry there hasn't been any updates for a couple days, I've been having a real bad time with my mental health lately. I'm still not 100%, but writing does seem to help me.

Ellen x

//

MARTIN ARRIVES

Martin Donnelly landed in Australia at around 6:30 the next morning. He hailed a taxi to the I'm a Celeb set, where he was going to surprise his little brother.

The 24 hour flight had Martin worrying intently about Declan. The older brother knew how he shut down and refused to speak to anybody about how he was feeling. He's been doing it since he was a bairn.

Martin decided to text Ant and let him know he was on his way:

Hey, pal. I'm on my way to set now. Should be there soon. How's littlen doing this morning? - M

Back on set, the lads were having a break before they went live in about 20 minutes or so. Ant felt his phone vibrate and read the text. He quickly glanced over at Dec, who was sitting quietly, scrolling through his phone.

He sighed and sent a text back:

He's still the same. Has only spoken the script, nothing voluntarily yet. Not even a good morning to anybody. I'm really worried, Mart. - A

Unbeknown about the current topic of conversation, Declan was busy scrolling through Twitter. He's noticed many people asking him if he's okay. Apparently he's not acting himself anymore. He scoffed at that. That's because he wasn't himself.

He was messed up. He was breaking apart. He was hating himself more than anything. He no longer wanted to be around. He hated everything.

He thought happiness was now a million miles away and as soon as he neared it, he was shoved back again. He felt he couldn't ever reach it again. He was just as worthless as they say and he wanted out.

10 minutes later, the taxi pulled up outside the jungle entrance and Martin paid the driver and watched him speed off. He looked around in awe. He had never been to the set before and it was amazing.

Grabbing his bags, he was met by a member of crew who showed him to the studio bit where they film.

Ant saw him first and quickly ran over, pulling him into a hug. The two men shared a hug for a few more seconds before pulling away. Dec was yet to notice his big brother, just feet away.

Martin immediately spotted his baby brother and sighed. Ant told him to go over to him and that his bags will be safe where they are. Martin agreed and slowly approached the distracted man.

"Hey, littlen,"

As soon as Dec heard the familiar voice, he dropped his phone in shock and snapped his head up.

"Marty?" His voice cracked with emotion and seconds later, Martin Donnelly had arms full of crying Declan.

"Sssh, titch. It's okay, I'm here now and I'm not leaving, I promise you," Were the calming words Dec had missed so, so much. He clung desperately to his brother and just let out his pent up emotions.

Ant watched silently, tears burning his eyes. He always hated seeing his best friend cry. It hurt him more than anything. He only ever wanted Declan to be happy and to hear his laugh and see his smile. He missed his happy best friend. He wanted him back.

//

Note from author (again) - wow, this chapter is absolutely rubbish and so short. I'm so sorry. My head's not with it and I'm just not thinking straight. I'm really struggling at the moment, so I apologise greatly.

I still hope you guys enjoyed it, though. Martin is finally here to be with Decky. Hopefully we'll see some change, but you'll all find out soon. ;)

Thanks again, guys, and I'll try and make the next chapter better.

Ellen x