Part Nine

Note from the author - well, hi, guys. I know it's been a while since I last updated this and I'm so, so sorry. Life has been so difficult for me lately and I've been trying to get my head around everything. But, I'm going to post this chapter because you've all been so amazing and patient with me and I thank you all so, so much. You're all awesome!

Without further ado, here's part 9!

//

Ant and Bob walked over to Dec's apartment next door. They quietly discussed how they would approach this situation. The last thing they wanted to do was upset Dec further and make him angry.

"Let's just go gently," Bob spoke, "If we speak gently and softly to him, we can assure him that we're not angry or upset. If he feels were upset with him, then he'll break further," Ant agreed and that was when they both arrived.

Deciding to knock on the door before using his key, Ant raised his hand and proceeded to knock. They waited a few moments before trying again.

"Declan," Ant called through the door, "It's Anth, mate. I'm here with Bob, please open up. We just want to make sure you're alright," Anybody could hear the fear in his voice. Bob placed a comforting hand on his shoulder as Ant decided to open the door himself.

"We're coming in, Declan!" Was the next thing that Ant called before pushing the key into the lock, twisting it and finally pushing the door open. "Decky? You in, pal?"

Bob frowned in suspicion at the silence in the apartment. The older man looked at Ant in concern and that was when all panic began to hit.

"Declan?!" Bob yelled out, as he and Ant began searching all the rooms. It was about 5 minutes later when he heard Ant call out in fear.

"BOB! CALL AN AMBULANCE!" With that, Bob sprinted as fast as he could to where Ant's voice was coming from. When he ran into the bedroom, his heart stopped before he pulled out his phone and dialed the emergency services.

Ant had tears streaming down his face as he held his best friend's lifeless body close to him. Blood was pooled around the smaller man's head and that alone scared Ant to death...if it wasn't coupled with the fact that there was an empty pill bottle next to them.

"Ambulance is on the way," Bob murmured as he knelt down and grasped Dec's wrist in his hand to take his pulse. "He's still with us," Bob and Ant sighed in relief and Ant closed his eyes momentarily.

"Looks like he's overdosed," Bob gulped as he peeled open Dec's eyelids and checked his pupils. Suddenly, there was a groan. "Declan? Dec, you're alright, mate. It's Bob and Ant. I need you to just stay still, okay? Help is on the way," Dec just groaned again and fell silent again.

"You'll be alright, little guy. I promise. Just stay with me, alright? I love you, pal. I love you," Ant whispered, crying softly, still holding his best friend close to his chest. He pressed a kiss to Dec's hair just as Bob showed the paramedics into the room.

Ant was pushed back into Bob and the older man wrapped his arms around the younger presenter. Both men watched as the paramedics sent silent messages to one another while helping the injured man. Ant watched on helplessly, tears streaming down his face.

//

Note from the author...again - well, I hope you enjoyed this slightly longer chapter. I hope it makes sense and doesn't have too many errors. I wrote this while spending time with my family, so, multitasking, yeeeeeah! Haha.

Anyways, hope you liked it and hope it kinda makes up for the lack of updates this month. Thanks for being patient with me, guys, it really means a lot to me. You're all awesome and I love ya!

- Ellen x

P.s. guess who's going to be in the same room as Ant & Dec in 3 days?! Yeaaaaah boiiiiii! I'm gonna be in the audience at the London Britain's Got Talent in Wednesday and I'm so excited!! Whoo!!