Part Sixteen

Dec looked up slowly as he heard the door open. He smiled weakly as his older brother's head popped around and smiled brightly.

"Hey, titch," Martin's voice was soft, so soft that it almost couldn't be heard. Dec mouth back a reply, his throat so sore that no words could be spoken.

Martin stepped into the room, followed closely by a crying Anne, silent Alfie and a teary Ant. Dec did his best to smile as wide as he could and tried to sit up.

He hissed in pain and suddenly, Ant was there to push him down gently. "Don't try and sit up, pal, just stay still. It's alright," He smiled fondly as Declan pulled a face, similar to when he was a teen, "Don't go sulky now, Deckers. You know how those puppy eyes effect me," Dec let out a small giggle.

Alfie stood towards the back of the room as he watched his dad, Ant and Nana interact with his uncle. He felt like if anybody touched Dec, he would break.

He was scared and he hurt.

//

Dec smiled weakly at the stories that his mam and brother shared about the family all back in Newcastle. How all the kids are all missing him and keep watching clips of him and Ant on YouTube.

He laughed along silently before his eyes met his nephew's. He frowned at the tears that glazed the 17 year old's eyes and felt his heart break. He stretched his shaky arm out for the boy. Anne noticed this and turned to her grandson as Martin hushed his stories.

"Alfie, sweetheart, come here," Anne encouraged gently, getting up and walking over to him. Alfie silently took his Nana's hand and allowed her to lead him to his uncle.

Once he reached the bed, Anne moved his hand so it was placed in Declan's and she slowly backed away. Alfie stared at his uncle for a few seconds, and when Dec smiled at him, he broke down.

"I'm so sorry, uncle Dec, I'm so sorry!" He sobbed, as Dec pulled him down to his chest and into his arms. Dec just hummed a calming tune that he used to settle down the kids with when they were babies.

It took about 20 minutes for Alfie to calm down, but by the time he did, he had moved onto the bed and was cuddled into his uncle's arms. He let sleep take over as Dec continued his humming and soon, he was out like a light.

It wasn't long until Dec, too, was in the land of dreams.

//

Ant smiled at the sight and gently moved the covers so both men were under the covers and he lowered the bed for a more comfortable position.

Martin kissed his brother's and son's heads as he and Anne stood up. "Mam and I will go back to the hotel and update the others about littlen. You staying here?"

"Yeah," The younger Geordie nodded, "I'll stay here with them. Will call if anything changes," He promised and watched as the 2 Donnelly's left. Turning back to his best friend, he reached out a hand and gently stroked it through the chestnut hair.

"Sleep tight, little guy, I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be here with ye," He whispered, pulling out his phone and leaning back into the chair.

//

Bob McCarron stood from his couch as he heard his phone buzz from the table. His wife was in the arm chair, reading a book. As he unlocked the device, he smiled as he noticed a text from Ant.

Anthony: Little fella will be fine. He woke up for a bit. He and Alfie are sleeping again. Anne and Martin left a little while ago. Feel free to come visit soon. I know Anne would love to see you. x A

His heart filled with so much warmth and his eyes glazed over in relief. His wife suddenly spoke up, "You okay, darling?" She asked, her Australian accent thick with tiredness. Bob turned to her and grinned.

"That was Anthony," He explained, "He's texted saying that Declan woke up and seems to be on the mend," He walked over and took a seat on the couch again. His wife came over and sat beside him and wrapped her arm around him.

"That's brilliant news, my love," She grinned, giving her husband a kiss. Bob nodded and smiled again.

"I might go and see them tomorrow. You know, to say hi to Dec's mother and brother. Haven't seen them in a while," He spoke, laying back and pulling his wife into his arms.

"That's a lovely idea, Bob. I'm on a late tomorrow, so I can drive you down in the morning," Bob smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"It's a plan then," He comfirmed and closed his eyes, the smile never leaving.

//

Note from the author -

I hope you enjoyed chapter sixteen of With You! I'm sorry if it's not brilliant, it's past midnight here and I'm tired, but I really wanted to update because I had planned what this chapter would be like and I refused to sleep until I wrote it. 😂

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed and sorry for any mistakes and/or repetition! Y'all are awesome! ❤

- Ellen x

P.s. I can't believe some of my stories have such amazing ranks for the Wattpad awards going on! With You is currently #1 in 'anthonymcpartlin' and that's amazing! I feel so honoured and blessed! Thank you! ❤