PART 11 : DOUBTING

The crowd dismissed. The fire brigade also had finished their work and preparing to go back to their center. The yellow warning also already surround the house to prevent anybody from breaking into the dangerous scene. An investigation still need to be done as no one know or witness the real situation on how the house caught on fire.

Far from the scene, a man is observing while a soulless woman is staring blankly at the house from the inside of the car. David take a quick glance at Angeline but somehow he paused from moving his eyes to another. Angeline looks speechless,weak and with those teary eyes, David knows that Angeline is fighting against herself to prevent from her tears from falling.

Just cry you dumb. David told himself and finally moves his gaze to the steering wheel.

"How do you know my house is on fire? Why you make me seeing this thing? It's hurts me so much." After a long silence, Angeline finally broke it with her unclear voice. But her questions snapped him a bit. For the first time, he can't find the perfect answer for them. His genius criminal mind can't figure out the perfect answers when Angeline suddenly get off the car and walk with a limp,weak. David get off the car too bt instead of stopping her, this time David follow her step. Watching her from far.

Angeline walk closer to her house and even pass the yellow warning and went to the part where Sarah's room is. Her house is just a single storey small house, so it will not be hard for her to find the correct room, the strange feeling is just that she walk into a house without walls. Angeline take a look around the house and her eyes locked at a half burned purple box. It's already half opened. Angeline kneeled down and observing the box,letting her hands became dirty due to the ash. Hoping that she will find some photos of Sarah or a family picture.

Inside of the box, she found a familiar necklace.
The locket is a heart in shaped, but it is also designed as a pair of wings. Angeline open both of the wings in once , revealing a picture of persons that she really miss.

 Angeline open both of the wings in once , revealing a picture of persons that she really miss

And now, she remembered it all. She once dreamed about the necklace and a flash of memory came into her mind.

'It's yours,Sarah. Mother gave it to you on your birthday. I'm so happy for you at the time. And i kept admiring your new necklace, until Father also bought one for me. But mine is bracelet. Also designed like this. But i lost them when we play the swing at the playground. Father get mad and punish me by not giving me one anymore.And i cry alone in the room for the whole day. Haha, funny, right?
But, you gave me yours that night. I promised you that i will take care of it. But i lost them again and Father was furious about it. I did not expect that you found it. Sarah,...you're always my life saver.'

Reminiscing the memories makes her chuckled a bit but sadness still roaming inside of her heart. She hope that she can reverse the time when Sarah is still alive. She want to go home when Sarah called her and let herself being stabbed instead of Sarah. For once, she want to sacrifice herself for Sarah, like she did to her. But it's all too late now.