Chapter 14: Battle of Cliff-Ridge

Cliff-Ridge was currently being well defended. Little did the soldiers know that the hive have been waiting years for that attack, it had nothing to do with their age. The Cliff-Ridge soldiers, filled to seams with morale, believed they were winning the battle. Just then the hill where the hive forces came from exploded. The air is filled with trillions of hive masses, and when the dust clears, incredibly quickly due to the air masses, there are eight giant tentacles. Giants, brutes, drones, grunts, chargers, and a new form, leapers, come with the tentacles. The soldiers were drained of all morale as the tentacles appeared. "Welcome to the end!" It shouts. The new hive forces charge. Julian gets to the top of the wall as fast as possible. "Ballistas, open fire on the brutes, catapults open fire on the giants! You men, get the trebuchets out now!" Julian shouts. The swordsmen and cavalry units fall back behind the gate. The archers aim for any drones that find their way on that side of the wall. Julian orders the swordsmen and cavalry to retreat behind the second wall. Due to the large amounts of hive, the first wall is completely destroyed by the tentacles. With little to no siege equipment Julian is forced to have archers aim at brutes and giants. That's what he does. He has his crossbowmen aim at the drones. The swordsmen and cavalry are losing numbers quickly. So he orders all his troops to get in a circle. "Today we stand together. Today we fight an evil so great it can turn the sky red and brown. We will win this battle. In fact, we already have won this battle!" Julian shouts in attempt to inspire the soldiers. The soldiers yell as if they were with Julian to the end. Each and every soldier target what they can. They use everything trick, plot, and weapon they can. The morale and circle formation helped a bunch. The soldiers and Julian are able to fight back for hours. Then the hive stop, and turn around and leave. "Did we win?" Julian can hear a bunch of soldiers ask. Then the tentacles show up in the city, and destroy the second and final set of walls.

"You think you can defeat the hive?!" It asks. "We do!" Julian shouts taking a step forward. "Why is that?" It asks. "We know we can because we're better than the hive! You were created to kill us, and what created you thought we couldn't win! Well, we can! We will! We won't stand down! We will stand up! We! Will! Win!" Julian shouts. "Who here believes that?" It asks. Every soldier takes a step forward like Julian and yells "We do!" The tentacles are in shock. Then they retract. Armies of hive are charging at them. The tentacles come back over the city, more of them this time. More of the hive masses invade the air streams in and around the city. Then they all die. The tentacles dissipate, the masses dissipate, the dead bodies are revealed as birds, humans, horses, and wolves. "That's it?" Julian asks. The soldiers are dazed. "Is that all you got?!" Julian yells throwing a punch into the air. "Woo fucking hoo!" He shouts one last time.