Chapter 7: The Confrontation

Omniscient POV

A month had past since Jin had become EXO'S bodyguard, day by day they would practice, rehearse, go on interviews, normal idol agenda. She thought that being their bodyguard wouldn't be so tough but she had to constantly look out for them. She had a lot of wounds from accidents but she kept them hidden behind bandages. Day after they kept trying to get her to join in and be a part of their team but she wasn't going to get attached. not again.

But there was one thing that bothered her, Luhan, Lay, and Xiumin treated her differently than the rest. They ignored her and were rather cold. She wondered why but she had to find out. One day it was a regular day of practicing when she followed as the three went into a room together. "It's now or never." she thought and breathed deeply. She walked right in front of them. they looked at her with curiosity.

"Why-why do you act so coldly towards me?" she asked. "what do you mean?" asked Luhan. "you know what I mean." She said. " since the beginning, you've treated me with indifference, is it because I'm a girl? is that it? do you think I can't handle myself because I can!" She was practically yelling. she breathed and just stood there. finally Xiumin spoke up. " we just don't like seeing you hurt, seeing that your job is to protect us and getting injured while doing it, it just doesn't feel right." "it's my choice, I like doing this." I said. "why?" asked Luhan. "why do this when all we do seems to cause you pain?"

She paused choosing her words carefully. " I do this because, who else can do this as well as I can, I made a promise to always make myself as useful as possible by helping anyone, I want to protect those who can't protect themselves as well I would be able to protect them. I don't want to be worthless, every time i see you safe and happy no matter how much pain I am in, I'll know that I am useful and that brings me happiness. so it doesn't really matter what happens to me, as long as you are happy, I am also." she sighed. "Wow! that's the most I've heard her talk!' exclaimed Chanyeol. Jin turned around to see that the rest of the members were standing at the door. "oh god" she thought. Sehun ran up to her and hugged her tight. "You don't need to deal with this pain by yourself."

JIN'S POV

Sehun hugged me. I stiffened myself, he let go confused and I walked out of the room. I went all the way to the old practice room. I sat down in the darkness contemplating. I decided to call Chung-Ho, he was always the one to go to for advice at the school and I really needed to hear a familiar voice. "anyo Jin. how are you?" asked Chung-Ho. I tried talking but all that came up were choked up sobs. Chung-Ho let me cry and stayed silent until I was finished. "did something happen?" he asked.

I sniffled. "it's just that today I noticed that some of the guys weren't as comfortable with me being here so I went to go and talk to them and I ended up revealing some o my feelings. the rest heard what I said and Sehun came up to hug me, it just reminded so much of what I've tried to bury so long ago. I do care for them but I don't want to feel these emotions because I don't want to get hurt. don't you remember how long it took you three to get so close to me?" I said.

I heard Chung-Ho laugh. "yes, you were very insistent in keeping your distance but you would always end up looking like an idiot each time." he said. "I'm just scared, what happens it the outcome is just like appa's? I don't think I can go through something like that again." Chung-Ho stayed silent and then spoke." well in this life you will get hurt Jin, but its your choice whether you get back up or not. you are a persistent and stubborn girl.

You are a smart girl, answer me this; what would be a wiser decision if you were alone with no one to help you and you were injured would you survive? or would rather get injured and have someone by your side there to help you?" he asked. "I'd find a way to help myself, no one will be there for me 24/7 Chung-Ho. people leave, they lie and they stab you in the back." I answered. "not everyone is like that Jin, there are actual good people out there, didn't a wise person once say "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark than be alone in the light?" he asked. "I just don't want to risk it." i said. "its your choice Jin, no one else's." he said. "Araesso, anyo" I said and hung up. I sat there in the dark, thinking.

Omniscient POV

Jin walked off and her eyes were watery. Everyone stayed silent and then finally Sehun spoke up. " are my hug really that bad?" Everyone laughed nervously. "this is a disaster." said Lay. "what do we do now?" asked Tao. "we need to clear the air." said Suho. "I'll go and talk to her" he said and he walked off to go and find her. He was walking when he heard someone crying coming from one of the practice rooms. He hesitantly peeked inside but it was dark. he hid behind the wall and listened in to her conversation. he heard her talk about not wanting to get hurt, and having emotions towards them and something about her Appa. He wanted to comfort her but he knew that she would just shut down. He walked away quietly and went back to the members. He had to fill them in on what he had heard.

A/N: I gave my promise, hope this was the kind of drama you expected if not more. next chapter you're going to read into more of Jin's past and why she has a hard time letting people be her friends. anyways EXO fighting!#webeliveinyoukris