Chapter 12: Feelings

JIN'S POV

A week has passed since I told the guys of my past, things have gotten a lot better but I'm still not as comfortable but I've been a lot happier. Right now they're preparing for their comeback and they're rehearsing their new song and dance. I was more open with watching them and in my spare time I would practice it also.

As I was watching some of the members practicing their singing I got up to check up on the others. I started to hear sounds of the piano come from one of the rooms. I peeked inside and I saw Lay, he had his eyes closed so he didn't notice me as I walked in. I stood beside him, watching as he played. He looked so peaceful and so concentrated at the same time. He stopped suddenly and opened his eyes.

He looked slightly startled at my presence. "Uh, sorry." I said. "I just-um, came in when I heard music." I kept rambling on and on and he just kept staring. "I'm just going to go." I said. I walked rapidly to leave. "Wait." he said. I turned around. "Come, sit." he said and he patted at the space next to him on the piano bench. I walked over and sat down.

"Do you play?" he asked. "uh, not well." I said. "Why don't you play something?" he asked. "oh I don't think so." I said. "Just a little bit." he said. He looked at me with a hopeful look. I breathed and place my fingers on the notes. I started playing Baby Don't Cry unconsciously and Lay started playing along with more complex chords and at a faster pace than I was, I played some wrong notes and stopped with embarrassment.

I groaned and I couldn't look at Lay in the face. He nudged my shoulder. "Hey, it's alright." he said. "No it's not, it was stupid." I said. I had my head down and Lay turned and his face came into my view. *badump* *badump* My heart skipped at how close his face was close to mine. "Don't put yourself down." He said. "But I played the wrong notes." I replied. "You wouldn't have made those mistakes. "I've just had a lot of practice." he answered. He looked away and then he said, "you listen to our songs?" he asked. "why do you sound surprised?" I asked back. "I didn't think you did." he replied.

"What? come one you guys are like the trend, it would be a crime not to." I said. He chuckled. He looked at me again. I looked at his expression and laughed and looked away. He always looked like he was really tired, no matter what he was doing. He looked surprised which made me laugh even more. He smiled at me and his dimple showed. My hair fell into face but I didn't fix it.

I saw him move his hand and it tucked my hair behind my ear. My breathing stopped and he just held his hand there. "You have a beautiful smile, you should smile more often." He said. "kamsamnida." I said The door opened and we both jumped and made some distance. I looked and it was Baekhyun. "Lay hyung, the other members want to practice as a group; lets go." he said. "Coming." Lay said. Baekhyun paused. "Jin-ah, we're you playing the piano?" he asked. "you promised you'd show me first!" he whined. "Sorry Baekhyun, maybe next time." I said.

Lay stood up and he waited for me to get up and we walked together to where all the other members were. I sat in a corner and watched as they practiced. I saw Kai glance over at me a couple of times. When they were done they took a small break. Kai walked over to me. "Hey." he said. "hiiii." I replied. "what did you think?" he asked. "you're asking for my opinion?" I asked back. He nodded. "I guess I am." he said.

"What makes you think I know?" I asked. "You dance really well from what I saw before." he said. "its just a hobby, a way to relax." I said. "Still I'd like a different perspective other than mine." he said. He looked at me and he gave me puppy dog eyes. I sighed. "araesso." and I explained to him some different techniques to use. "wow, you really pay attention." he said. I shrugged. "I'm just very meticulous." I said. "We should practice sometime." he said.

"Practice what?" We both turned and Lay had walked over. "Oh, uuuum. I was just asking Jin if she could teach me some martial arts." said Kai. "Oh really?" asked Lay. "uh, yeah." I said. "Could you teach me too?" he asked. "of...course, anytime." I said. "alright guys lets get back to work." said Suho. "sorry." whispered Kai. I shrugged and moved to get out of the way and as I did I stumbled on my own feet.

I saw the ground and I held out my hands but I felt someone grab me by my waist and balanced me again. I looked and saw Lay. He still had an arm wrapped around my waist. "ah, kamsamnida." I said. "please be more careful next time." he said. *badump* *badump* I nodded and he let go of my waist. I walked over and sat on the couch that was there and held myself.

I caught Lay looking at the mirror looking at me, he smiled and used his fingers to draw a smile in his face. "smile." he mouthed to me. I felt compelled to and I saw his smile grow wider. I felt my face get red and my heart was racing. "what's happening to me?" I thought. I placed a hand on my chest and just continued replaying how my hands were pressed up against Lay's chest when he caught me and how he looked at me back in the practice room with the piano wondering what I was feeling.