Hiatus From Rest

~1 month later~

"Marie, wake up! I made breakfast"
Marie opened her eyes and rolled out of bed, quickly throwing clothes on and doing her makeup, as she had showered the night before. She walked out of the bedroom and into the cozy living area, taking a seat at the bar style kitchen table. Her meal was waiting for her, scrambled eggs and toast with orange juice. She hastily devoured it, swallowing every last crumb. Marie took her plate and cup to the sink, rinsing them before sliding them into the dishwasher. She glanced behind her at her roommate, he had no idea she was watching him eat. He chewed slowly, unlike his friend Marie. He enjoyed every bite, one of the many differences between the two. He turned, and caught her watching him. He smiled and stepped closer, sliding his arms around her for a hug.
"Good morning Marie"
"Good morning Chekov"
Marie smiled into the embrace. She had been living with Chekov ever since her encounter with James. He didn't even remember what he did, and try as he might to apologize, Marie wasn't ready to forgive. So she had moved in with someone else. She still hadn't left the house in weeks, Starfleet still told her she was being hunted because of her ties to Khan.
"You go back to work tomorrow, are you excited?"
"Yes! But I am nervous"
"You have nothing to worry about, everyone will welcome you back with open arms"
"Except Kirk"
Chekov stopped in his tracks.
"He won't touch you"
"I know"
"I swear, if he touches you, I'll kill him"
"I know, I know! I'm worried he will make everyone else hate me"
"They couldn't possibly"
Marie smiled. She walked into the open living room and sat down, propping her feet on the coffee table.
"I sure hope so"
Chekov walked behind Marie and placed his hands on her shoulders, massaging them.
"How should we spend your last day off?"
"Let's just watch movies, I'm tired of playing games and I can't leave, so...might as well chill out"
"Sounds good to me. What should we watch?"
"Harry Potter!"
Chekov laughed and typed the movies titles into the computer.
"Which one?"
"Umm...Half-Blood Prince"
Marie smiled and snuggled into a blanket as Chekov started to movie and left to go get drinks. She loved old Earth movies, and something about the magical wizarding world in today's world of space age technology seemed so surreal to her. Together, the two watched the whole movie, and then several more. Eventually, it was time for bed. Marie showered quickly and slipped into pajamas before climbing into the bed in the guest room of Chekov's house. She dozed off quickly, but was woken even quicker by a horrible nightmare that left her screaming and crying. Chekov raced into her room with a phaser in hand, aiming wildly around the room to hopefully shoot his friend's assailant. When he saw there was nobody else in the room, he leapt onto the bed with Marie and pulled her into his arms.
"What's wrong?"
"I, I dreamt that I w-went back to w-work and was l-looking through the hangar w-where they keep the pods with K-Khan and his f-family in them and when I got to his j-just to look, he wasn't t-there!"
Chekov sighed and hugged Marie a little tighter.
"Marie, dear, I'm sorry. I'm sure he's still there, but you need to try and forget about him. It's been a year since he was put away, you need to move on and find someone else"
"I know, but I loved him"
"And you can love someone else, it'll be ok"
Marie nodded and laid back down in her bed. Chekov went back to his and the night continued.
At 6 in the morning, Marie's curtains opened to reveal the sunlight and the computer system started playing soft music to wake her up. She groaned and sat up, stretching. Marie smiled when she remembered what day it was, and she hopped into her blue uniform. She quickly did her hair and makeup before rushing into the living room to join Chekov. She ran at him and he picked her up and spun her around.
"Today's the day!"
"You're a Starfleet lieutenant now, how does that feel?"
"I have basically the same job, I still work in a medical facility with Bones"
"You're higher up now though"
"That's true"
Marie giggled and scarfed down some breakfast.
"Tonight, I will take you out to celebrate your first day at work and first day out of the house in weeks"
"Is it safe?"
"We will bring all of Starfleet with us if we have to, you will have your night on the town"
Marie grinned before grabbing Chekov's hand and skipping out the door into the street to head towards Starfleet Headquarters. It felt like a good day.