Lifeless

Trigger warning for the people that love the light of this story. Guess who.

-----------

"It's not over 'til it's all been said‬,

‪It's not over 'til your dying breath‬,

‪So what do you want them to say,

when you're gone?‬

‪That you gave up,

or that you kept going on?"

-Just Hold On, Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson-

Mary Jane Ferrari

The next day, I made sure to wake up before Enzo did, by waking up every one to two hours later and checking the time. How? I don't know, I've been blessed with the ability to wake up whenever I want.

Enzo was sleeping with his lips slightly apart when I decided to leave the room ever so carefully so he wouldn't wake up and ruin what I have for him. When I was downstairs, I was really pleased to see Dahhak and-- unfortunately-- Antonio in the kitchen, talking about something I could care less about right now. Because I have only one thing in mind, and that is to make Enzo the amazing breakfast he deserves.

When I entered the kitchen, I had only one pair of eyes on me, the other's were Dahhak's as he shook his head in disagreement, "Nah, man, I'm keeping it Halal by not smashing some. But that doesn't mean I don't stare at some good pair of legs when I see 'em, which means I'm not a prude. It's called Mathematics."

With his eyes still on me, Antonio said, "Mathematics has nothing to do with you being a prude, Dahhak." I frowned uncomfortably and turned my gaze to the freezer, before slowly walking towards it and opening it, the coldness of it unsatisfying to me.

I was just running my eyes along the food - filled fridge, but my attention was on two guys behind, especially the one who couldn't just look away and let me be comfortable for the sake of God. But at least Dahhak is here, if he wasn't, things would've been ten time more awkward.

"Actually, Bitch face, it does. I could've said 'it's called Science', but Mathematics and Science has to be connected to each other. They're like two ugly twins--" Dahhak's loud voice lowered into a whisper as he finished, "Just like Luca and Luigi." Both of them then snickered like kids and a faint agreement from Antonio was heard. I sighed and messed around with the food, before shutting the fridge and deciding it's for best I just catch Dahhak's attention so I would have attention other than the one I don't want. Grabbing a box of Cereal, I slammed it back down with force, causing it to make a loud noise.

A high pitched scream was heard from behind, making me, too, jump and hit my head against the wall cabinet. A laugh from Antonio was heard and then a smack stopping it, and Dahhak speaking, "You know what, Mary Jane? Just grab a knife and stab me once in the chest and twice in the ass because that'd be better than me getting a heart attack from a box of Cereal," With a cheesy smile, I turned to face a red faced Dahhak and Antonio holding his cheek.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm just trying to find something nice to cook for-- ah-- something nice to cook... yeah. What?" I shook my head in disappointment at my own self and turned back to the cabinet, wanting neither of them to question my awkward behaviour. But of course, I don't usually get what I want.