To Protect Her

(2 Weeks Later)

    It's been 2 weeks since anyone has seen Henry or Patrick. No one talks about them missing because they really didn't care. I miss Henry so much. Derry isn't Derry without him. The days have been gloomy, more than they usually are.

     "Sis?" I heard my brother say as he lightly knocked on the door. "Yeah?" I spoke lightly. "Someone wants to talk to you." He said. "I don't want to talk to anyone, we've been through this Jayden." I scuffed. "Kelsey, it's only been 2 weeks. Henry and you were only together for a month. You're over reacting just a little." He said, tension in his voice. "I AM NOT!! HE IS MY BOYFRIEND. HE WAS THERE WHEN YOU WERE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! I MISS HIM, I CARE!! UNLIKE SOME OF THESE WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHITS IN THIS TOWN!!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face.

   "I'll just come back another day officer Hoover." I heard a familiar voice say.  "Vic?" I said sniffling. "Tell him he can come in." I said to my brother, not making eye contact with him. He opened the door wide enough for him to come in, and shut the door. "Kelsey. I should of came sooner." He said looking down. "It's fine. There's been so much going on, I understand. Sit down." I said patting the empty space on my bed.

   He took a deep breath and looked at me. "I heard what happened at school. Is it true you might not walk again?" He said quietly. "Yeah. My chances are low but I'm not going to lose hope." I said smiling. He giggled. "So what's up Vic?" I said looking at him. "Nothing, just came by to see you." He said not looking at me. "Vic, something's on your mind. I can tell by the look in your eyes." I said lightly laying my hand on his shoulder. He just sat there. "It's about Henry, isn't it?" I said quietly. He nodded his head yes and looked at me.

   He reached his hand in his jacket pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. He unfolded it slowly and looked up at me. "Henry gave this to me the day he went missing. I read it but didn't really understand what he meant by it then. It was meant for me but I feel you should read it." He said handing me the paper.

Dear Criss,
   Before I start, I know you're wondering. What the hell are you writing me? Well I have to do something, to keep Kelsey safe. I'm leaving town and I really don't know when I'll be back. This is the only way she'll live. Patrick said he's going to kill her otherwise. I know this will hurt her, but it'll help her in the long run. I'll be back soon. Tell her I love her and I'll never stop. She's my everything. Take care of her for me man, be the shoulder she can cry on. I'm ending this for her own good.
                             Signed,
                                  Bower's

   I looked at Vic. "Can I ke..ep this?" I said through tears. He nodded his head yes and leaned in and hugged me. "When do you think he'll be back?" I said through sniffles. "I honestly don't know Kel's. Only he knows that." He whispered. "Patrick should of just killed me. He made me useless anyway." I said quietly. He pulled back from the hug and looked at me. "Don't talk like that Kelsey. Henry is going to be fine. We're all going to be fine." He said with all seriousness.

   (Victor's POV)

  Kelsey fell asleep crying in my arms. I heard her door crack open and her brother peaked in. He motioned me to follow him. I got up, slowly laying Kelsey down. I walked in the kitchen to find him sitting at the table. "Have a sit son." He said pointing at the empty chair across from him.

  We sat there for a few minutes, not saying a word. "He told you about this too I'm guessing?" He said looking at me. I nodded my head yes. "I'm the one that told him to leave town." He said. I looked at him with wide eyes. "Why though?" I questioned. "To protect her." He said pointing towards Kelsey's room. I sat there thinking. "Is that why Patrick's missing to?" I asked. He nodded his head. "Patrick's not coming back is he?" I said sitting up in the chair. "Nope." He said popping the 'p'.

A/n: 2 chapters in one day. I needed something to do so why not. I love you guys! 💕

Henry just being Henry. He'll be back soon guys. Maybe with a different look. 😉

Sorry for any missed errors, updates will be random until further notice.

Word Count:808