How Could've I?

"Beverly?" I spoke lightly. She looked over at me and smiled faintly. Henry just stood there in shock, and looked at her forming belly bump.

I got up and slowly made my way over to her. "It's been like 3 months, how are you doing girl." I said wrapping my arms around her gently. She hugged me back, and pulled away just looking at me. "I've been doing good." She said a little teary eyed.

"Bev, what's wrong?" I said. "It's just I'm sorry Kelsey. I knew Patrick was going to hurt you, and I should've said something sooner. I didn't and sure enough he did." She said now balling her eyes out. "Girl, it's not your fault. Don't ever think that. If it wouldn't for you and Henry, I possibly wouldn't be halfway standing here right now." I said trying to to let a tear fall down my cheek.

It was silent for a minute, to quiet for 4 people to be standing in the same room. Then my brother looked at Henry with a bit of a pissed off look. Henry looked back at him confused, and then glanced at Beverly's stomach. I looked at Henry and then at my brother and huffed under my breath.

(About 2 hours later)
We just all sit around and got caught up, well me and Bev mostly. Beverly had to get back home though, so my brother drove her and he's been gone about 5 minutes. "He's going to kick my ass, and shew yours out." He said lighting up a cigarette. "What makes you think that?" I say sarcastically rolling my eyes.

We waited for what seemed like forever to finally hear the noise we didn't want to hear. My brothers car door to full on slam shut, and then the front door as well. He walked in the living room throwing his keys on the table. "I suppose you know that's his kid she caring don't you Kelsey?" He said looking at me. "Yes Jayden, I do. Him and I have already discussed this, he never hid it from me." I scuffed.

He looked at me in shock kinda and looked at Henry. "What the absolutely fuck man? Do teenagers not know the term protection is anymore. She 3 damn months pregnant with your child." My brother stopped talking and thought for a minute and was thinking. "You and Kelsey have been together what 4 months? Isn't that what you told me sis?" He said putting his focus back on me. I thought about it for a minute and looked at Henry. "Did you cheat on me Henry? Because if that's your child you had to." I said with tears in my eyes.

"I've been here the past 3 months with you Kelsey. How could've I? If I'm not with you I'm at work, school, or at Vic's house. Plus the last time I done anything with her was about a month before me and you ever got together." He said raising his voice a little. "So if that baby is Henry's she would be at least 5 months." My brother spoke calmly.

"Because that's baby isn't Henry's, it's Patrick's." I said quietly. "How do you know that Kels?" Henry asked. I looked at them both in a very serious way. "Because that day Beverly looked at me and said 'Run, before he gets you like he did me.' That's what she meant. She just didn't want to admit it. Patrick done it to get back at me." Tears flowing down my cheeks. "He thought that if he framed you, I'd leave and come back to him. Little did he know, that would've never happened anyway." I said shaking at the thought of him.

Henry got up and sat beside me. He looked at me and said, "calm down baby, he's nowhere around and he's never gonna be again. As far as Beverly goes, the truth to those that don't know, comes out in time." He grabbed my hand lightly and kissed it gently.

*Authors Note*
Guys I'm back!! This update is bad, but it finally told the truth. Don't worry there is more drama on the way for real this time! It's time to spice it up!

Updates may be a little off but they will be happening somewhat close to normal now. Thank you all for being so patient with me. Until next time, I love you guys! 💕

Word Count: 744