[Fo4] Arthur Maxson x F!Synth

Risky Business

Summary: Arthur Maxson sends a recon team to retrieve an Institute synth and, despite his teachings, begins to fall for her.

Arthur Maxson's POV
When Proctor Quinlan first approached me with his "astounding" idea, as he called it, I thought it completely absurd. His idea went as follows: capture an Institute synth, question said synth, and use said synth against the Institute. Sounds easy enough, right? Wrong. I knew at that moment it was going to be a risky plan. If we weren't prepared this could easily be a suicide mission for all involved. I deployed a recon team yesterday during noon and gave them my best wishes. I studied each of their faces as I stepped off the base. Each of them wore the confident visage of a soldier despite the impending factor that they may never return.

Yet, to my surprise, I received word they returned this evening with a synth in tow. Proctor Quinlan was ecstatic and, truthfully, so was I. From what I'd heard the synth had apparently given up quite easily, which would explain why there were little to no casualties involved. Two Knights, accompanied by Proctor Quinlan, escorted the said synth to the observation deck. There was something, something about this... this synth that really intrigued me to no end. In a turn of irony I found a sort of beauty in this synthetic organism.

"Knight Sinjin and his team found her by the old Greenetech Genetics building. Her unit designation is K4-87." Proctor Quinlan's voice snaps me out of my trance and I hesitantly nod for him to continue. "Although she came willingly on her own accord she insists that she cannot disclose any information regarding the Institute." I make eye contact with her and decide to speak with her myself. "K4-87, was it? Why is it you refuse to disclose such integral information? Are you withholding anything of key interest?" Her expression remains indifferent as she begins to speak. "Elder Maxson, I do not wish to strike conflict with your men. I have nothing to hide and couldn't release such information as much as I'd like to." Her voice drew me aback. Simply the mere taste of honey couldn't compare to the sound of her voice.

How could a synth have such an effect on me? "Why might that be?" I counter. "The Institute has, what I assume to be, some sort of fail-safe implanted into us synths. I cannot remember anything." I can't help but frown at her statement. A fail-safe? They must've done something when they lost communication with her. "Elder Maxson, I propose we dissect the synth. Perhaps we could find out the Institute's secrets." Proctor Quinlan suggests. I notice K4-87's eyes widen as each word leaves his mouth. The idea never came to mind but I suppose it was inevitable. What was I thinking? Synths aren't human. They were created in a cold, dark lab unlike the rest of us. However, why does this synth in particular seem to draw me in? "That won't be necessary Proctor. K4-87?" She turns to look at me with hope filled eyes. "Welcome to the Brotherhood."