[Fo4] Jack Cabot x F!Assistant

For Science

Summary: Jack Cabot sends his loyal friend, Edward Deegan, in search of an admirable assistant. Who he returns with is not who Jack was expecting...

Jack Cabot's POV
After working on this experiment for so long I found myself feeling hopeless most days. I just couldn't seem to find the breakthrough I was looking for and knew I needed a second opinion from a like-minded individual. So, I sent Edward out into the Commonwealth with the task of finding me a worthy assistant, preferably with a background in science. I needed someone with experience that could hopefully find what I'd been missing all along. It has to be right there in front of me. Give or take two or three centuries I supposed I lost my thought process along with the Great War.

"I think you'll like it here. The boss is a little eccentric at times but he's in no means crazy."

I hear Edward's voice and pair of footsteps just as the door opens to my home. I dust myself off and mentally prepare myself to meet our new guest. "I'm sure there won't be an issue. This place is awfully grand. It's a nice change from that old, rusty shed." She giggled.

Wait! She? I freeze upon hearing her melodic voice. This scenario never once crossed my mind. How foolish of me! "Jack! The new gal is here." Edward announces from downstairs. I gulp and nervously descend down the stairs to greet my new assistant. We make eye contact as I approach and her presence only causes me to become more nervous. She was beautiful and held a confident posture. Hesitantly, I cleared my throat and shake her hand.

"My name is Jack. Welcome to Cabot House."

"Pleased to meet you, Jack. Edward here told me that you were hiring?"

"Oh, yes! Of course." I gesture to sofa and we both take a seat. "Might I ask what your background like?"

"I was one of the doctors at a local settlement. Although, I would dabble in my own personal experiments on the side." She replies. I feel my heart leap into my throat as I remember my next question. The question that I ask all of my new employees.

"Do you believe there is other intelligent life in the universe?" I look to her expectantly awaiting her answer. I feel my heart rate begin to rise with each passing second as she contemplates her next answer.

"The universe is a massive place filled with infinite planets, stars, and galaxies. I'd be lying if I said I didn't believe there was something out there far beyond our comprehension."

I think I'm in love.

A/N: The Secret of Cabot House is such an interesting quest, one of the best quests in Fallout 4 in my opinion.