[Fo4] Nick Valentine x F!Vault Dweller

Different

Summary: The Sole Survivor and Nick Valentine venture into Vault 81 where they happen to attract the attention of a certain vault dweller.

Vault 81 Dweller's POV
It was just the typical, boring day in Vault 81. I'd wake up every morning, put on a clean vault suit, tidy up a bit, and get to my assigned task for the day. I usually worked with Horatio in the barbershop and would run the occasional errand for Maria Summerset in the cafeteria. It's a simple life, but at least we're safe. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit curious about the Commonwealth outside. The only life I've ever known was in this vault. Was it really as dangerous as everyone stressed it to be?

I was currently heading towards the cafeteria to eat a quick breakfast when I suddenly became startled by the sound of the vault door disengaging. Perhaps another caravan wishing to trade? Most were pretty friendly but I despised the judgemental looks they gave. With a light sigh and a heavy heart I continued my journey to indulge myself with food. "Good morning," greeted Maria. "Did you hear the vault door? Seems we got visitors, huh?" I nodded and continued to place food upon my plate. "Seems like it. Probably just the typical caravan." I answer. "Yeah, you're probably right. Anyway, enjoy your meal." She smiles and goes back to wiping down the spotless countertop.

Just as I was about to enjoy a delicious box of Fancy Lads Snack Cakes, I could hear the obnoxious voices of several residents spouting offensive comments. I draw my attention to the atrium and my eyes immediately settle upon two figures. A strange man in a blue vault suit looked around with lingering eyes and his companion was like nothing I'd ever seen before. The other man was a synth dressed in your typical detective attire. I couldn't believe my eyes. A real, live synth in Vault 81? What were they doing here?

"What the hell is that thing doing here?" spat one of the male residents. "That what your parents used to say to you?" The synth spat back. He's witty too? Impressive. I decide to approach the two gentlemen and manage to weave my way through the small, lingering crowd. "Welcome to Vault 81. Sorry about all the rude remarks. Apparently, while some of us grew up in the safety of the vault, we also neglected to learn proper manners." I shake their hands and they introduce themselves as Nate and Nick Valentine. I couldn't deny my ever-growing curiosity for the synth detective standing before me. "Nick Valentine? As in the detective from Diamond City?" I asked. "The one and only." He smiles. "Hey, would you mind giving my friend and I the grand tour of this place?" I smile widely and latch my arm with his own.

"It'd be my pleasure, Mr. Valentine."