[Fo4] Hancock x Neighborhood Watch

Who Are You?

Summary: A member of the Neighborhood Watch is outraged by organized crime in Goodneighbor, resulting in the murder of multiple drifters, and decides to consult the mayor.

Neighborhood Watch's POV
I've always admired Hancock and everything he's accomplished. All he's ever wanted was to find somewhere he could fit in and for others to be able to do the same. However, time and time again I see the worst in his views of how a community should be managed. I know he's got the best intentions in mind but I don't think he realizes just how dangerous Goodneighbor is. It's not far as bad as it was when Vic was in power but I can't help but feel Goodneighbor is being deprived of its true potential. I patrol the streets of Goodneighbor day and night with the town's safety as my highest priority in mind while Hancock's too busy getting high off chems and giving the occasional speech over the Institute. I truly believe he's trying to run away from his problems. I don't have the slightest idea who exactly he is... and I don't think he knows either.

Deciding that I couldn't wait any longer to voice my opinion, I headed over to the Old State House to have a discussion with Hancock about the recent crime activity in Goodneighbor. I walked up the spiraling staircase, not without the occasional glance from my fellow colleagues, until I finally made it to Hancock's living room. "Huh, what're you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on patrol?" Fahrenheit gives me an inquisitive glare as I enter the room. She's the leader of the Neighborhood Watch and always seems to have an intimidating aura around her. Probably the best seeing as she's Hancock's bodyguard. "Yes, I apologize but I'd like to speak Mayor Hancock." Hancock spins around and notices Fahrenheit burning holes into the back of my head. "Fahrenheit, why don't you go check on the drifters upstairs? Take 'em a few chems would ya?" Fahrenheit nods and leaves the room, but not before giving one last glance and she glides up the stairs.

"Hey I've seen you around. You're on the Neighborhood Watch, right? Don't think we've ever had time to chat before. So, what's on your mind?" I swallow hard and can't help but feel nervous. I'd had it all planned out in my head but now that I'm actually here I just can't seem to find the words. I'll just have to try and say what comes to mind. Shouldn't be too hard... right? "Listen, Mayor Hancock." Hancock raises his hand to interrupt. "Skip the formalities, Hancock's fine. Please continue." I clear my throat and start again. "Listen, Hancock. This really isn't easy for me to say but during my time on the Neighborhood Watch I've seen a significant rise in crime in Goodneighbor. Just yesterday, I found a drifter dead in the back alley behind Hotel Rexford."

Hancock looks at me intently and says, "What're you trying to say?" I feel a gust of confidence rush through me as I say, "If you really deeply care about well-being of the citizens of Goodneighbor then we need you to take on a little more authority." Hancock looks around the room seeming to be deep in thought. "Jeez, tell me how you really feel. But... I think I get what you're saying. I get it I can be ignorant at times and I really appreciate you coming all the way up here to tell me that. Takes guts and not a lot of people can handle all of this." Hancock takes a moment to motion to himself as I let out a sigh of relief. "Meet me at The Third Rail this evening. We'll discuss more about the future of Goodneighbor there... and get a little better acquainted."

A/N: Got the idea for this chapter after watching Oxhorn's character profile of Hancock. He's a very unique character and fun to have around.