[Fo4] Arthur Maxson x F!Ghoul! [Angst]

That Fall

Summary: A high-ranking Paladin is involved in a freak accident that changes her life for the worst.

Warning: This chapter includes angst.

Third-Person POV
It was a day like any other. The autumn breeze and the leaves rustling in the wind. There was a certain chill to the air but it wasn't freezing cold. [Y/N], a high-ranking Paladin, had been sent on recon with her team when she took a nasty fall into a vat of highly irradiated fluid. She lived but when she resurfaced she wasn't the same. [Y/N] was now a full-fledged ghoul.

Elder Maxson tries to maintain his composure as he breaks the bad news to his beloved Paladin. His office was dead silent as he spoke.

"What do you mean I'm out of the Brotherhood?" [Y/N] cries.

"Exactly what it sounds like [Y/N]. I'm sorry."

She grabs his coat and looks deeply into his eyes. "After all we've been through? I'm a Paladin for goodness sake! We've been together behind closed doors for years. Do I mean nothing to you?"

"Listen, you know this is nothing personal. It's standard Brotherhood protocol." Arthur reaches to caress [Y/N]'s wrinkly cheeks.

"Pfff... Brotherhood protocol my ass. I should've left after the situation with Danse. He deserved better, Arthur." [Y/N] smacks his hands away and turns her back to him.

Arthur's voice becomes stern as his hands ball up tightly into fists."[Y/N], please. Don't make this difficult."

"Oh, I'm sorry. 'Cause that's the last thing I'd wish to do." She retorts. "I've lost everything. My hair, my silky skin, my comrades, and now you!" [Y/N] screams as she pulls out her remaining strands of hair.

"[Y/N]-" He starts, trying to console the inconsolable mess standing before him.

"Save it! I've become the very thing I was trained to exterminate. Do me this one last favor and save me the hypocrisy." [Y/N] hands Arthur her signature laser rifle. The gun shakes in his hands as tears begin to stream down his face.

"Please, don't make me do this." He weeps.

"If I meant anything to you, you'll do me this last favor. I love-" [Y/N] is cut short by zapping sound emitted by a laser rifle, her laser rifle. Arthur throws the rifle to the ground, drops to his knees, and weeps for his lost love.