Decisions

Harry's Point of View

I wake up with a pounding in my head and a sick feeling in my stomach. Then, I realize that I'm not alone. Louis is right next to me, with his arm wrapped lazily around my waist. I cuddle up next to him, beaming at this beautiful creature who had just agreed to go on a date with me.

Louis must have felt me move because he rolled over and murmured something to himself about "five more minutes." I curled up against him, allowing him to be the little spoon and closed my eyes again for a little while, trying to ignore the light coming in through the blinds.

Suddenly, however, my tranquility was interrupted by Niall, who didn't seem to notice that we're still sleeping. "Mates, it was wonderful last night!" he gushed, slamming the door loudly.

Louis jolted up next to me in a panic. "What--what?" he looked around and noticed me sitting there next to him. Then he shot Niall a guilty look. "Um... sorry Ni. I should have asked..."

"No need," Niall replied cheerily. "You're always welcome to stay the night."

"Yeah, Louis. Don't worry I texted Niall that you were staying over," I said, giving his shoulder an encouraging squeeze. "So how was it, mate?" I asked Niall. I hopped out of bed and tossed on a T-shirt.

"It was great, Haz," Niall said, giggling a bit as he grabbed his shower supplies. "She was incredible in bed-- like damn. And she had a great ass. Best sex I've had in a while."

I smiled at Niall, genuinely happy that he had a good time. "That's awesome, mate," I said as I gave him a high five. "Maybe it'll become a regular thing..."

"Maybe," Niall shrugged. "We shall see. How'd it go with you two -- if you don't mind me asking?"

I looked over at Louis, who was blushing profusely. The sassy, bitter Louis I had known seemed to have disappeared.

"Not much," I replied coolly. "We just cuddled mostly. Taking things slow."

Louis laughed, but I could tell he was extremely uncomfortable. "Yeah, we were just too plastered to do too much last night. Or at least, Hazza was. We have time though," he said laughing artificially.

"Whatever you say, Lou," I replied, winking.

"Well I'm off to shower my sins away," Niall said, giggling and jumping out the door.

That left Louis and I alone again and to be honest, I was really nervous. I didn't have the same courage that I had experienced last night. And Louis, completely sober, would be much more volatile.

Without warning, Louis walked up to me and locked eyes with me, making a very serious face. "Look," he snapped. "I know what I agreed to last night, but it's not a good idea. I won't even deny it. What you said was right about me. But that's exactly the reason this won't work out. I can't be fixed, Harry. And if you keep on trying to fix me, you'll only get hurt in the process."

I took a step back and looked at him with sad eyes. He was pushing me away, but I knew he didn't mean it. I saw the way he was looking at my lips, my legs, my curls. He wanted me, he just didn't feel worthy.

"Louis," I said, letting out a deep breath. "Listen to me. Just listen. I'm an adult, Louis. I can handle myself. I'm not trying to fix you--not at all. I think you're perfect, and all I really want to do is show you how perfect you are. I care about you, and I thought you cared about me. You told me so yourself. So if you want to end this relationship before it even starts, then do it. But do it because you don't care for me. Not because you're afraid of your own insecurities."

Louis stared at me, piercing me with those deep blue eyes. He ran a finger through his hair, which was quite messed up from last night, and then shook his head fervently from left to right. "I do care," he finally said, shortly. "Alright, Harry. I care. And I'm not insecure--I'm just damaged. I've been through some stuff. I had a really negative experience with an ex. I don't want you to have to deal with that. And I'm honestly not sure I'm ready for a relationship, I'm not sure I can trust someone again..."

He trailed off, staring at the floor while he waited for me to answer. It was really incredible that Louis was sharing this with me--he was finally opening up. But I couldn't force him into a relationship if he wasn't ready.

"Okay," I said. "Okay. That makes sense. You're not ready. So what do we do? What do you want to do?"

Louis shrugged, walking towards me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I stepped back, confused as to what he was about to do. "I don't fucking know, Harry," he said softly. "But I do know that I want you... and there's no way I'm going to be able to resist..." he paused and put a hand on my crotch, squeezing it roughly. "This," he breathed.

I reached forward to kiss him, but then stopped myself. I was not about to manipulated now. "No, Louis," I said. "I want you too. Like ridiculously badly. But the whole reason we didn't do it last night was because we weren't sure if we could still be friends after. Personally, I don't think I can do friends with benefits because my feelings for you... well... they're kind of strong..."

Louis raised an eyebrow and put a hand on his hip, giving me a silly smirk. "Mr. Styles," he said. "Are you calling me irresistible?"

There he was. Louis was back. The sass was back.

"Yes, Mr. Tomlinson, I am," I replied, copying his hand-on-hip stance. "And I'm calling you smart and talented and sexy."

Louis smiled, jumping forward and thrusting himself in my arms. "Okay," he breathed, kissing me passionately. "Fuck it. Just fuck it. One date. It'll be a trial run. But I'm telling you up front that I have baggage and you're free to leave at any time."

I looked into his eyes before kissing him back. "That's not a problem," I replied. "I'll be with you every step of the way."