Epilogue

Louis' POV

"Hey, Love," I said softly. Harry and I were sitting on the park bench we had sat on after our first date. Over the past six months, it had quickly become our favorite spot to go to together on campus. Sometimes we went there to have deep conversations, looking into each others' eyes and sharing our deepest secrets. Other times, we simply went to think and breathe in each other's presence under the silent night sky. Right now was one of those times. 

I watched Harry's green eyes gleam in the light of the street lamps as he stared towards the Washington Square Arch. His eyes were directed at the arch, but I could tell by the absentminded look on his face that his mind was in a totally different place. 

"What are you thinking about?" I whispered, tracing circles on his strong hands. Harry's eyes abruptly shifted from the arch and connected with mine. "You, Lou," he said as he pushed a stray curl out of his eyes. 

Harry had recently gotten into the habit of wearing beanies and it was entirely irresistible to me, especially when one of his little curls slipped out by mistake. "Me?" I asked, my cheeks turning a lusty shade of pink. "Oh, Mr. Styles," I whispered. "So dirty."

Harry cracked a smile, his dimples deepening as he looked at me. "Not about doing it with you," he laughed. "But speaking of the topic, you were excellent last night, Lou."

I snickered and pretended to slap him the face, pulling my hand away a few centimeters before making contact with his soft cheek. "No, but seriously, what were you thinking of?" I asked, sliding a leg onto his lap. 

Harry stroked my back and kissed my head tenderly. "How proud of you I am," he said, his voice deepening a bit. "These past six months have been incredible. You've been so strong, Lou. When I first met you, do you remember how dark a place you were in? I didn't think you'd ever let me in. But you opened up, you told me everything, and every single since day you've been working so hard to get better."

I smiled. He was right. I had made a lot of progress in the past six months. Yesterday actually marked the day that I was five months sober from self-harming and three months purge-free. Harry and I had celebrated by going to dinner last night -- at the same Italian restaurant we had gone to for our first date. The only difference was that I finished my whole plate this time. And instead of feeling guilty about it, I felt proud. 

That wasn't the only good thing going on in my life. My music group from the fall semester -- Zayn, Alex, Greg and I -- had actually done so well in the course that the professor suggested we record a professional album. And while we are still nowhere near famous, we have gotten a bunch of gigs around campus, which was awesome in helping me distract myself from all of the Liam drama. 

Speaking of Liam... He never spoke to me again -- or anyone actually -- after he met Harry in the cafe that day. A few days later, he transferred out and no one ever heard from him again, although there are rumors from guys on the football team that he went to the University of Edinburgh. 

Around the same time as Liam left, Harry and Niall started their own YouTube channel, where they post original music and duets and they've been taking off as well. The band and I are thinking of collaborating with them at our next gig, as long as we can learn the music in time. 

I thought of all these things, and about how much I had grown this semester as I looked up at Harry. "Thank you, Hazza," I said softly, my lips quivering with emotion. "I'm proud too. And I'm proud of you too. And Niall. I can't thank you lads enough."

Harry pulled me tightly into a bear hug, nearly suffocating me with muscular arms. We had been going to the gym together a few times a week for the past few months -- and now the fucker was lifting more than me. 

"Thank you, Louis," he said. His big green eyes widened and he removed the beanie to reveal a mop of curls. "You changed my life in so many ways. I love you."

"I love you too," I said, tracing his sharp jawline with my finger.  "Always." 

Author's note: 

So I can't believe it's over. What did you guys think????? So many emotions. I wrote this pretty quickly so now I feel lost without a story to work on. Would you guys want a continuation of this or something entirely new?

Also, are there any questions that still remain after reading this? I can try my best to answer them :D 

Thanks for read