Emotions

"It's okay, Haz," Niall cooed as he stroked my back. I had been crying for the past hour and despite Niall's greatest attempts to cheer me up, I couldn't stop.

"Niall you don't have to stay with me," I said between sniffles. "I'll be fine. I just get really emotional sometimes..."

"Don't need to explain it to me, mate," Niall replied, sitting down next to me on my bed. "When my girlfriend Katie dumped me, I stayed in bed for a full week. It's a rough time. But you'll make it through."

I nodded slightly but didn't answer him. I was too busy thinking about how little time Louis and I had been boyfriends. And how much time I was going to lose with him. The last time we had kissed very well could have been the last time we would ever would kiss. And just like that, I started crying harder.

"Hey," Niall said, rubbing my shoulders. "It's okay. And besides, you didn't do anything wrong. You had no idea that was his ex. And he punched YOU in the face. He was acting irrationally— he must have thought there was some conspiracy against him or something. But I'm sure it was his emotions getting the best of him. He will come to his senses soon, Hazza. He knows deep down that you'd never hurt him."  Niall smiled at me as he said it, but I could tell he felt a bit down too.

"I know. And that's why I — I just want to talk to him more than anything in the world," I choked. As I spoke, It felt like there was an elephant crushing my chest, breaking my organs and taking my air away.

"But I know that what he needs right now is time and space...." I continued as I grabbed for a tissue. "And I just hope he's okay, I hope he's not hurting himself."

Niall nodded. "'Me too mate," he said. "I mean I know it's none of my business but I've seen the scratches on his arms and I noticed he doesn't eat much. It's sad, really."

I nodded, nuzzling into Niall's arm and wiping my tears with the tissue. "Hey, what do you say I go check on him later?" Niall asked, petting my long curls. "We're friends. He probably won't be happy to see me — but he won't be as mad as he would be if it were you."

"Yes, that's a great idea," I said. My eyes lit up and I lifted myself up out of bed. "Thank you, Niall. I feel better already, knowing you're going to go check on him."

"Of course, mate," Niall said. He stood up with me and slapped a hand on my back. "Now come on, let's go get some lunch. No more tears, Haz."

I nodded and patted my stomach, which was growling loudly. "Sure, Niall. I'll come eat. Sandwiches sound good?"

"Perfect," Niall replied. And with that we ran out the door and downstairs to get some grub.

Even though I still felt broken, I felt a tiny bit better. And for now, that was enough.