It's Hot in Here

Louis' Point of View 

"Hey, Haz. You ready for the best workout of your life?" I asked. I was standing outside of Harry's room with my crutches, wearing black Adidas shorts with a white T-shirt and purple vans. I knocked on the door a second time. 

"Harry?!" I yelled. I heard something rustle, and then Harry opened the door, hopping out in black joggers and a light blue muscle tank. His curly hair was held back in a black headband. 

"Someone looks ready for the gym," I said, raising an eyebrow and walking towards him. He hugged me, his exposed biceps lingering on my back. I moved my face close to his and smiled. 

Harry bit his lip. "Nice to see you, Lou," he said quietly, his big green eyes widening. "Can I ask you how we've managed to plan our workout together before we've planned our date together? I-- I have half a mind to just take you into my room and take off all those gym clothes and have a workout of our own."

"Damnnnnn," I said, laughing and opening up my eyes super wide. Harry instantly turned red, his face flushing with embarrassment. "I shouldn't have said that," he said as he shook his head. 

"Shhhh," I replied, wrapping an arm around his waist. "It's okay, Hazza. I feel the same way about you. But trust me -- it'll be worth the wait."

Harry seemed to feel more relaxed after he realized we were on the same page, and I watched as a small smile crept across his lips and he released the tension from his shoulders. He leaned towards me, but I put a finger to his lips before he could kiss me. 

"Come on, Harry," I said, trying to hide the boner that was forming in my shorts. "We have a hot date with the gym."

Harry nodded and the two of us walked to the elevator. "How was your day, Lou?" Harry asked. "Music going well, yeah?"

I nodded. "Surprisingly, yeah. Exams coming up soon though. Those will be the bloody death of me," I said, pretending to shudder. 

"Same," Harry said. "Ni and I are absolutely freaking out. We've never taken uni exams before."

I smiled at Harry. He was so innocent, so young. "Yeah, but you'll do fine. First test is a trial run. You'll improve on the second and third ones. Trust me, it takes time to get used to but you'll get it," I assured him. "Or you won't. And you'll fail and have to drop out and then I'll take you and Niall's room and live there for the rest of the year." 

"Fuck off," Harry replied, giggling at my antics. The elevator doors opened and we hopped out, heading to the building exit. 

"I'm so damn slow with these fucking crutches," I moaned after taking a few steps. "I feel like an old lady."

"Mrs. Tomlinson," Harry croaked in his best elderly woman impression. "Are you done knitting my sweater?" He hunched over and pretended he was using a walker to walk alongside me. 

"Oh my god, Hazza. I'm going to kill you," I laughed. 

"I can always carry you again," Harry said, moving his hands towards my torso and raising an eyebrow.

"Absolutely fucking not, you ass!" I screamed. I started hopping away from him on my crutches. 

Harry chased after me and blocked my path, nearly causing me to face plant. I stuck my tongue out at Harry and pushed him gently, moving past him and continuing down the street. 

********************************************************************************

"Okay, I am in shit shape compared to you," Harry said, giggling as I lifted 130 pounds on the lat pull down machine. He could barely do 90. 

"It's okay Haz. We all know freshers are a weak species," I scoffed. Harry didn't laugh, though, and I looked over to see that he was genuinely frustrated. 

"Hey, Harry," I said, finishing my set and letting down the weight. "Are you actually upset? We can talk about it."

I grabbed my crutches and hobbled over to him. Harry, who was sitting on a nearby bench, laughed and smiled up at me. "No, I'm fine," he said. "It's just. To be honest, I was so nervous about embarrassing myself in front of you that I did a practice gym session with Niall. But I'm still no good..."

That was honestly so fucking adorable. I instantly wanted to pick Harry up and shower him with kisses and play with his curls for hours. But obviously, I couldn't. Not yet at least...

"Haz," I said, taking a seat next to him. "That is simultaneously the sweetest and silliest thing anyone has ever done for me. I'm touched."

Harry smiled and shifted his weight awkwardly on the bench. "Thanks," he giggled. 

"Yeah, and you know I'm going to make fun of you no matter what, Mr. Styles," I said with a smirk. "So there's no need to practice for anything. And just for the record, your form is great. You have nothing to worry about."

Harry's face lit up as I said that and I could tell he really wanted to impress me. Typical fresher, always wanting to go above and beyond. 

"Okay, let's do one more exercise and then we'll go home," I said, crutching over to the pull-up bar. 

"Alright Harry, so if you don't mind, just make sure I don't put any pressure on that leg when I jump down," I said, as I climbed up to the bar. I lifted myself up and cranked out 9 pull-ups, attempting a tenth but failing. 

Harry caught me just before I slammed down my bad leg. I guess I was so distracted by the workout that I had forgotten about my injury for a split second. "Babe, are you okay?" Harry asked, worriedly, helping me down. 

"I -- yeah," I stuttered. "What did you just call me?" 

Harry blushed again, but then turned towards me. "I'm sorry Louis -- I know it's too soon... It just slipped out..."

"It's okay," I replied, taking a step closer to him. "I don't mind one bit."

Without hesitating, I grabbed his face and kissed him. "Your turn for pull-ups, babe," I said, releasing him from my grip and beaming at him. 

Harry jumped up onto the pull-up bar and wiggled his butt at me before jumping up and doing 7 pull-ups. 

"Louis," he said, after he jumped down. 

"Yes, my little fresher?" I asked, climbing up to do more pull-ups.

"You're incredible," he said, smiling wider than I'd ever seen him before. "But stop with the god damn fucking fresher you prick." 

I giggled at him. "Never."

***************************************

Author's note:

Yo.... this was so sweet. Everything is going really well-- time to add some drama to the mix. Dun... dun... dunnnn. Keep in mind that Liam and Zayn are still lurking. I almost decided to make Liam come into the gym during this scene, but decided against it. It was too precious of a moment. 

What should come next? Harry and Louis obviously have to make love. Duh. But there's a lot more Louis has left to share with Harry... and perhaps Harry has some secrets of his own. 

Louis can't run from Liam forever-- and he's bound to run into him again. What is he gonna do? And what about Zayn? Haha-- I just realized Louis has hooked up with every band mate except Niall.... Damn Lou. Get it. Plus he has Zayn and Harry after him.... Wow...

We shall see. I'm writing this thing really fast because it's my first serious fan fic and I'm getting really into it. Plus, I'm on vacation for a month from uni and have nothing to do. Gonna keep on cranking these chapters out. Feedback is always much appreciated. Thanks for reading!