Bros Who Lift

Harry's Point of View 

"Hey, Ni, are you ready?" I asked, grabbing my gym bag

"Hey, Ni, are you ready?" I asked, grabbing my gym bag. Niall and I had just finished class and we were headed off to the gym together so he could teach me some exercises before my big gym day with Harry. Niall wasn't much of an expert in working out either, but he had taken some weightlifting classes a while back and I figured he knew more than I did about the sport. 

"Alright, Haz, let's goooo!" Niall said, kicking my bag in slow motion. 

"Fucking stop with the karate, Ni," I giggled. "We have to do muscle stuff. Like bicep curls and things. Please don't fool around when we get there."

Niall shot me a goofy smile and jogged in place in front of me. "Who me?" he asked dramatically. "I would never fool around."

I smacked him on the head and then walked into the hallway, waiting for him to grab his things and lock the door. 

Then, we jogged together side by side to the gym, which was about a 10 minute run from our dorm. 

"Fuck," I panted after a few minutes. "I haven't run in ages. This is torture." My lungs were burning and my legs were telling me to take a break. But I didn't feel like stopping because I would have to start over again.

"Neither have I," said Niall. "But at least you have those long legs. I can barely keep up with ya mate."

"True," I said, laughing a little. We continued running, passing a group of students with backpacks as we neared the gym building. I felt a bit embarrassed to be out in the open like this, breathing like a dog on a hot summer day with my hair looking all silly in a headband. The things I do for Louis....

Finally, Niall and I reached the two grey doors which led to the gym lobby. "Okay, workout done. Let's g home," joked Niall, turning around. 

I grabbed him by the hood of his muscle tank top and yanked him back. "Oh no you don't, Nialler," I said. 

Niall rolled his eyes and followed me into the gym, where we each scanned our ID's at the reception desk and walked upstairs to the gym area.

Once we got inside, I immediately wanted to go home like Niall had suggested. And I wasn't joking around this time. I peered over at the weights section, and everywhere I looked there were large, muscular men lifting weights, grunting, and slamming things around. Oh dear God, I thought to myself. I'm going to die.

Niall didn't seem to have my same fears, however. Without hesitating, he made his way to the benches and started taking out some weights from the rack, nearly getting hit by someone's dumbbell in the process. "Niall, watch out," I said, following after him.

"Relax," Niall said, lifting the weights and doing some bicep curls. "They're just muscle heads. If you stay out of their way, they'll stay out of yours."

"Yeah," I snapped. "But you were just in their way." I pointed over to a large, tan guy who was now shooting Niall a dirty look.

"Oh, sorry," Niall said, waving over at him and probably making the problem worse.