Trouble

"Alright class, hand in your videos no later than Wednesday of next week," the professor said, stacking his papers to indicate the end of class. 

I felt myself getting nervous at the thought of having to record another video of myself to share with the class. They seemed to have really liked the last video I made, but that was probably just because Zayn was in it with me. I wasn't sure that the class would enjoy a video of me by myself just as much....

"Hey, wait up," I heard a voice call as I left class. I wasn't on crutches anymore so I didn't have trouble knocking into tables and getting through doorways this time. As I began to recognize the voice, I spun around on my heel to face my classmate. Who the fuck did he think he was?

Zayn was staring at me with big brown eyes, shooting me a half smile as he stood in the hallway with his books. "What do you want?" I snapped, not in the mood for his rudeness today. I had enough to worry about between the stress of this class and my schoolwork and my new boyfriend.... If Zayn knew what was good for him, he would really just leave me alone.

"I um, I wanted to apologize about how we left things," he said quietly as he played with a bracelet on his wrist. Classic, rude Zayn, avoiding eye contact as he spoke to me. 

"Well thank you," I said shortly. "Now if that's all..." I turned to leave, but Zayn grabbed my shoulder again and looked at me in the eyes. 

"No. I mean I'm really sorry. I've known I was bi for a while--but I've never felt that way about a guy before. You know, that intensely. And I have a girlfriend and I was scared to mess things up," he explained. I looked down at his hands, which were grasping his books so hard his fingers were turning white. 

Wow, what the fuck, I thought to myself. Zayn had caught feels for me? I was finding this really hard to believe. Maybe it was some sort of scheme to embarrass me.... just like Liam had done to me not too long ago. 

"Louis, why are you making that face?" Zayn asked as he wrinkled his brow. As witty as I was, I had no control over my facial expressions. Even when I thought I was hiding my true feelings , the look on my face was always quite obvious. That's why Harry could so easily tell when I wasn't in the mood to eat. He said I usually had a look on my face equivalent to that of a person smelling a dirty diaper. This moment wasn't all that different. 

"I said it's alright, Zayn. No need to explain," I said, walking down the hall. He followed after me, his long legs outpacing mine. "But Lou... I've just been trying to figure things out. And now I have. I think I'd like to start over and try again." 

Instantly, I grabbed Zayn's shoulders and pushed him against the wall, furious. I could tell I probably looked crazy, but I didn't care. My heart was pounding and my face was twisted into a serious frown. 

"Listen to me," I said in a low tone. "I've had my share of guys like you, who aren't fully out or haven't fully sorted out their sexuality. I don't need that in my life. I'm not here just waiting around for you to decide you want me. Or for me to provide you with some sort of pleasure you never got from your girlfriend. I'm dating someone right now. So I appreciate your apology, but I'd prefer if from this point forward, you'd leave me the fuck alone."

Zayn's shoulders shook beneath my grip and he nodded, weakly. I saw tears forming in his eyes and sort of felt guilty for a moment. Maybe he wasn't another Liam, but he sure as hell wasn't a Harry. I wasn't going to jeopardize my relationship with the greatest guy in my life just to have 15 minutes of pleasure with some sexy pop rock singer with dark hair and a killer smile.....

Fuck.

Zayn pulled out of my grip and started to walk down the opposite side of the hallway. "Fuck you, Tomlinson," he spat over his shoulder. 

"Thank you, Malik," I replied, flashing him a toothy grin. 

He can fucking rot in hell.