twenty

curlyholmes: hey, lestrade, how's john?

grahmcracker: he's beaten pretty bad, didn't go to school today. my mum took him to the doctors.

curlyholmes: is he okay?

grahmcracker: his wrist is broken and he got a cuncussion.

grahmcracker: i'm not sure he wants me telling you all this

curlyholmes: i would've asked molly.

grahmcracker: yeah, but john told me not to talk about it with you. he doesn't want you to worry.

curlyholmes: how am i not supposed to worry? his father almost beat him to death.

grahmcracker: i'll give him my phone when i get home so you guys can chat.

curlyholmes: thanks greg.

*

johnnyboy: can you skype?

curlyholmes: yeah. what's up?

johnnyboy: i just wanna talk, hear your voice.

curlyholmes: yeah, i'll call you in a few minutes.

johnnyboy: okay.

sherlock got up from his bed and went to his desk, opening his laptop and downloading skype again. once it was downloaded again, he typed in john's username calling him. it was weird seeing john's face on screen, but he liked seeing him. "hey," sherlock smiled slightly.

"hey." john said back.

"how are you?" sherlock asked.

"not gonna lie, but i'm pretty bad. greg told me that you asked and he answered, so you already know about this," he said and held his wrist up that was covered in a cast.

"i can't belive your dad did that."

"he's not my dad any more. he's just hamish to me."

"how's your mum?"

"she left town. i don't know where she is. smart move though, sucks she didn't take me with her."

"i have something that'll cheer you up."

"you do?" john asked.

sherlock smiled and nodded. "hold on a sec." he said and got up, returning with a box.

"what's in there?" john asked, a smile appearing on his face.

"your christmas presents."

"you didn't have to get me anything." john said.

"you deserve it. but i need greg's adress so i can mail it to you."

"but i didn't get you anything."

"then you better get me something."

john laughed. "i'll text you the adress later. give me a hint for what's in the box."

sherlock shook his head. "you'll find out when you get it." he said and set the box on the ground. "i was talking with my brother."

"you mean the british government." john corrected.

sherlock laughed lightly. "i was talking to the british government and he said that he could put your father in prison for child abuse or he could send him to a prision inforced rehab centre."

"rehab would be better, but you can't touch that man. he has many tricks up his sleeves."

"but we have proof."

"hamish would just say it's from rugby."

"but rugby's over."

"we made it to championships."

"that's great!" sherlock smiled.

"last game i played for the season though."

sherlock's smile dropped, "aw."

"don't you have that science fair thing coming up too?" john asked, changing the subject.

sherlock nodded. "wanna see the project?"

"sure," john smiled.

"okay, hold on a sec." sherlock said and got up, grabbing his laptop and carrying it to his study. he set it on a different table, so he wouldn't get anything on his computer and showed john his project, making john forget about everything that was happening around him. watching sherlock smile and laugh made john fell warm on the inside, made him feel happy. an actual happiness that he hadn't felt for years.

after the project, it was late, but they still talked because it was relaxing, and it made john forget about what happened the other day. they talked pretty much all night until john dozed off. sherlock thought about hanging up, but he didn't want to, so he just left the screen up and fell asleep.

john woke up with a smile on his face in the morning, seeing sherlock.