eighty

john walked into the local bar, spotting greg at a booth and walking over to him. he sat down with a smile. "it's been a while, mate."

"yeah." greg nodded with a smile. "been what? a year?"

john nodded. "since graduation. yea."

"jesus. you're doing well. been hearing your name on the sports channel."

"yeah," john chuckled.

"so, how have ya been? still with sherlock?" he asked his friend.

john scratched the back of his neck, sighing. "no, errr, we broke up about a week or two ago."

"wait? really?"

john nodded. "yeah. we got into it and he decided it was best if we broke up."

"you didn't want to?"

john shook his head. "course not. i loved him. if i could've changed his mind i would've but he's fuckin' stubborn."

greg frowned. "lemme buy you a pint." he got up then walked over to the bar.

john sighed, feeling his heart sink in his chest as he thought about sherlock. he's not over him. he's never probably going to get over him, but sherlock won't want to get back together. he was the one that wanted to end it after all.

a/n: i'm only going to 100 chapters then after that, the story is over. there are 20 more chapters and i promise i'll make em happy, smutty, and a lil bit angsty.