seventy seven

buckle up kids, it's going to be a wild ride.

in the morning, john woke up first and stretched out, looking over at the body next to him. he smiled at the sight of the sleeping sherlock then frowned when he saw the purple spot on his cheek. he placed his thumb gently on sherlock's cheek and lightly rubbed it, revealing more purple.

"what're you doing?" sherlock asked groggily, smacking john's hand away.

"why do you have makeup covering a bruise?"

sherlock eyes shot open and he sat up quickly.

"and your neck too."

he sighed and bowed his head in shame.

john sat up. "what the hell happened?"

"i got beat up at the lab." sherlock said softly. "i didn't want you finding out so i tried my best to cover it up."

"who did it?"

"it's fine, john." sherlock said, looking at his boyfriend.

"no it's not! i swear to god i'll beat their asses!"

"just leave it." sherlock said and got out of bed. "it's in the past. i'm fine." he walked into the bathroom.

"why wouldn't you tell me?" john asked as he followed sherlock. "you promised you'd tell me things."

"i wasn't comfortable with telling you about what happened."

"you weren't? after almost two years of dating you're not comfortable with telling me things?"

"no, i wasn't."

"and why the hell not?"

"stop it!" sherlock sniffled. "fucking stop it!"

"stop what?"

"making me fell like i'm the bad person here!" the boy exclaimed. "when i'm not the bad person!"

"well to basically are! you hid the fact that you got beat up from me! you broke a promise!"

sherlock wiped his face, sniffling. "if you're going to be like this go home. i didn't invite you here to make me feel bad about myself." he said as he headed back into the bedroom.

"sherlock," john said, reaching out for him.

"no." sherlock said, jerking his arm away from john. "go home. i don't want you here right now." he said and walked back into his bedroom, slamming the bathroom door.

john sighed and walked out the other door that led into the corridor, going out to the living room and sitting on the sofa. he wasn't leaving. he'd give sherlock space, but he was not leaving.