sixty one

john looked over the crowd and spotted the head of curls, smiling hopelessly at the boy. for a second the dancing people and the music stopped and all john saw was sherlock standing there, with a grin as he laughed at the blond. john snapped back into reality as he stepped off the coffee table, hearing the people count down with the telly. he pushed past the people and made his way to sherlock as everyone shouted with glee for the new year, while john pulled sherlock against him and kissed him passionately, cupping his cheeks.

"happy new year's, love." john said softly, smiling at the boy as he kept their faces close.

"happy new year's." sherlock smiled back, giving john another kiss. there was another second of the loving kiss before sherlock felt john's face tense as he heard some one shout, "fags!"

john's head turned and his eyes narrowed on the sound of the voice. everyone was staring at him as his face grew serious and his muscles tended up. "who said that?" he asked harshly. "who the bloody hell said that?" he practically roared, watching the crowd of people in front of him back up some

a tall blond headed boy stepped out of the crowed. "problem, fag?"

sherlock watched as john's jaw clenched and he balled his fist so tight that you could see his veins. sherlock grabbed john's wrist and pulled him back. "don't. you'll lose your spot."

john huffed at the comment then looked at the blond boy who had a shit eating grin plastered on his face. "that's what i thought, fairy." the boy said.

john's breath got heavier as he charged at the boy, but sherlock pulled him back which took all of his man power because john was strong as hell. "he's not worth it." sherlock said to john as he stood in between the two. he looked at the tall blond. "he's just insecure," sherlock started with a smirk. "insecure about what? well that's simple, giving the fact that you'll fuck anything with a pair of tits to tell yourself that you're not gay. you're insecure about your own sexuality and your taking it out on the people that aren't. so do us a favor and just stop being a douche." sherlock said swiftly, earning a cheer from the crowd around him. sherlock gave the blond a smile before turning back around.

in a quick second sherlock was laying with his face in the hard wood floor and john was on top of the other blond, slamming his head into the floor.

john sat on the bathroom toilet with a towel pressed to his face as sherlock got the first aid kit out. "you're lucky he's too scared to press charges." he said as he sat in john's lap, taking the towel away from his face.

"he shouldn't have pushed you like that." john muttered as sherlock cleaned up the blood.

"i can defend myself."

"verbally, not physically."

sherlock scoffed softly and got off of john, going over to the sink. he put the bloody towel in the sink then turned the water on.

"what?" john asked, looking over to the boy.

"you think so poorly of me." sherlock said as he handed john a gauze from the first aid kit, turning the sink water off.

"no i don't." john said as he took the gauze.

"you just said i can't protect myself physically."

"i didn't mean it like that. i just meant that you aren't a fighter. you can't throw a punch."

sherlock laughed this time. "can't throw a punch?" he asked. "do you want to test that?"

"no."

"clean up your own nose, i'm done." sherlock said and took the rag out of the sink, walking out of the bathroom with it.

john sighed and leaned back against the toilet, keeping the gauze pressed to his face.

after john was sure that his nose wasn't bleeding any more, he left the bathroom and went into sherlock's room where the brunette was already laying in bed. john changed then got in bed next to sherlock, keeping a space between them as he laid on his back. he knew sherlock wasn't actually asleep. he was moving too much and the fact he rarely slept.

"i'm sorry about earlier." john said then looked over at the body next to him. "i know you can hit, you've hit me before and it fucking hurts, but you're not one for hitting other people. in situations like tonight at least."

sherlock turned to john, laying on his side as he sighed softly. he scooted closer to john and buried his face into his chest. "just hold me," he said softly.

john nodded and held the boy. "i love you." he whispered, kissing his head.

"i love you, too." sherlock muttered into john's chest.