twenty two

it was cold. it was cold and with the coats and blankets sherlock had, it was too cold. but he sucked it up and watched the game. not really the game, but more just john sitting on the side yelling at everyone to do something. they were wining which was good, but sherlock didn't know what anything else meant. it was okay though. he was really only there for john and seeing him in that rugby uniform made his mouth go dry. there was only thirty minutes, then the two hours until their dinner, when sherlock got to hug john and talk with him in person.

johnnyboy: i bet it's warm in that bus you're riding home.

sherlock smiled down at the text.

curlyholmes: so warm i'm sweating. are you cold?

he watched john smile down at his phone.

johnnyboy: you don't even know. i can't feel my feet.

curlyholmes: maybe if you get the guys to dog pile on you, you'd get warm.

john looked up and laughed, looking back down at his phone.

johnnyboy: not happening.

curlyholmes: get back to your game, captain. your team can't live with out the amazing john watson coaching them.

john huffed out a little laugh, smiling.

johnnyboy: oi, shut it. i'll talk with you later.

curlyholmes: i'll be waiting:)

john tucked his phone back into his coat pocket and focused back on the game, shouting at anderson for loosing the ball.

johnnyboy: we won!

curlyholmes: am i supposed to be proud or something?

johnnyboy: don't be a smart ass.

curlyholmes: how am i not supposed to be? i'm on a bus filled with people i can't deduce because they're just as smart as me.

johnnyboy: deduce the driver, but in your head.

curlyholmes: i already did. we're still skyping right?

johnnyboy: that's the plan

johnnyboy: i gotta go, team dinner.

curlyholmes: have fun:)

johnnyboy: i'll try:)

sherlock smirked and watched the hotel john was staying in from across the street, watching all the boys come out, walking down the street, causing a ruckus. sherlock followed them on the other side of the road, crossing once they were all inside the restaurant. greg was standing outside, waiting for him.

"he's in a good mood for now." greg said to sherlock, opening the door for him.

sherlock nodded and walked in quickly. "how has he been the rest of the trip?"

"not good. he's been up all our asses in such a bad mood that coach got after him."

sherlock took in a deep breath as he looked at the blond boy sitting at the table between two empty seats, one for greg and one for him. "call him." he said to greg.

greg nodded. "hey, john!" greg said, smiling then going over to the table.

john looked up and stood when he saw sherlock, everyone staring at him then over at sherlock. he smiled but it turned into a frown when sebastain wilkes said, "what's that fag doing here?"