eighty six

both boys woke up when john's phone went off.  they ignored it the first time, but after the second time john got up and sat on the edge of the bed as he dug his phone out of his jeans. sherlock shoved his face into his pillow and pulled the duvet over him more, causing john to stand up.

"hello?" john asked groggily into the phone.

"mate we've got practice in thirty! where the hell are you?"

"shit," john muttered. "tell reggie i'll be there, just late."

"hurry up then!"

john sighed and hung up, tossing his phone onto the bed as he pulled on his boxers and jeans.

"who was that?" sherlock asked, watching john get dressed again.

"it was jason. forgot we had practice this morning." he ran into the corridor and grabbed his shirt, going back into sherlock's bedroom. "sorry for leaving."

"it's fine." sherlock sat up, rubbing his eyes. "can we do this again?"

john grinned. "course. text me cause i don't know you're schedule." he said then gave sherlock a peck on the lips saying "love you" out of habit then turning red. "sorry, sorry. i-ididn't mean to." he stammered.

"it's fine," sherlock said with a smile. "love you, too." he gave john another kiss.

john smiled then grabbed his phone, leaving sherlock's flat in a hurry and in an amazing mood.