4.

"Are you serious?" Betty batted her eyelashes at me.

"I have to work on the assignment with Michael so I'm going over at Erin's, why would I not be serious?" I asked.

"You like that guy," Betty shook her head.

"So?" I asked.

"So..." Amy started, "Did he call you over for the assignment?"

"No. But it were Calum, I'd go like this, too!" I flustered.

"Exactly," Amy said, "If it was Calum. But is Michael the same as Calum? No."

"I don't get it," I tried to get up only to have both of them pushing me down.

"Look, say you came over to meet Erin and since he's not there you work with him for the assignment!" Amy clapped her hand obnoxiously about her little plan.

"What if Erin's there? I don't wanna hang out with him!" I snapped.

"He's out with his family," Betty replied.

"I HATE YOU BOTH!" I yelled.

"Well, honey, you ain't wearing that jersey," Betty flashed her annoying smile.

"Why?" I asked, not really interested.

"Because you're wearing a tank top," Amy shrugged.

"Dude, I'm going for an assignment. Fuck off!" I scoffed.

"Mate, Betty would make me wear all of this too when I was working with Luke. So yeah, fair is fair," Amy explained.

I shot Betty an evil stare and she just shrugged and said, "I had to make Luke realize that Amy's a girl and she's the right one for him,"

"Why do I have to wear a tank top and jeans to show him that I'm a girl? Why can't I just go in my jersey and shots!" I scowled.

"If Michael stands here in a dress would you be convinced that he's a guy and have a crush on him?"

"Um, no."

"Exactly,"

"But -"

"Shut up, I hate that nasty thing your jersey has. Don't your boobs, like, suffocate?" Betty asked.

Amy was just laughing at our conversation like she had been through all of this before. If I ever said I like Betty, I am taking that back now.

"I don't want to play football with my boobs all over the place and have boys staring at them while I'm at it!"

"Well, that makes sense. But you aren't playing football now, so dress up like the beautiful girl you are!" Betty said.

"Beautiful," I laughed, "You guys are trying to set me and Michael up... Its never gonna happen," I said.

"Now," Amy finally spoke, "We'll see that,"

**

I hate Calum. I hate Betty. I hate Amy. I hate myself for ever calling Michael cute and saying that I might like him in front of and here I was, in front of Erin's house. I was so scared to go in. If I actually came here for him I would just walk in and slap him and spit my gum on him and what not. But that wasn't it. I knew Michael would open the door. Also, I was totally uncomfortable with what I was wearing. The last time I wore something like this was... No, I don't want to go back there and make myself dread human contact again. Okay, I took a deep breath. I had to lie and I can do it. I've lied a thousand times.

I rang the bell, finally. I waited for 2 minutes and there was no answer so I rang the bell again.

"Coming!" I heard Michael walking towards the door. He finally opened the door and I stood there, he looked so good in his sweatpants. He had nothing on, more like, he was wearing the t-shirt along the way.