9.

Everyone says having a guy best friend is like the most perfect thing in the world but they forget to tell you that there comes a time when the stop replying to your texts, don't return your calls, stop talking to you in school and all of that.

I was sitting in my room, all dark, I honestly didn't need light at this phase of my life. I was over reacting and it was justified. I never thought I could feel this way. I was just staring at my wall, feeling really irritated with everything. I was done seeing Michael and Lola make out all the time in my class. Michael had started making fun of me and his obnoxious friends would laugh. At least I had Tommy and Erin on my side.

"Em?" I heard Amy knocking at my door.

"Go away!" I whined.

"Just tell us what happened," Betty said.

"We'll help you," Amy added.

"I don't wanna talk!" I yelled.

"Don't ignore us because of what some assholes did to you," Betty said calmly.

I sighed and walked up to door to let them in, "Wow this is too dark," Amy muttered.

"Just like my life," I added.

"Shut up," she replied, "Now, what exactly happened?"

"I told you already," I frowned and went back to lay on my bed again, with my face stuffed in my pillow.

"No, she means what happened today?" Betty asked.

"Nothing," 

"C'mon, since you've been back from school you're locked in your room," Amy said.

"I just suck," I mumbled.

"Nope," they both replied at once.

"I do!" 

"Just because two boys are ignoring you doesn't mean you suck," Amy said sternly, "god, what's wrong with you? I get that you're upset about Calum but why are you being so moody about this entire Michael thing? You are being an actual girl right now,"

"Yeah?" I looked up from my pillow to face her, "maybe its because I am a girl! I know I said I don't like him that much, but still, I did have a crush on him and now he's just ignoring me completely and making fun of me with Lola! Shoot me because it actually hurts me! People forget it all the time but I am a girl!"

"I know that, I'm not saying that you aren't a girl. What I meant was - give it time, he'll come around," Amy defended herself, quickly.

I felt like crying. Why were they here? Only to make me feel worse? I wouldn't even have started liking Michael if I wasn't forced to hang out with him every minute. I was trying to avoid crying because that would just be ridiculous as hell but talking about it just made me want to bawl my eyes out.

"He won't come around! Michael doesn't need girls like me around him!" I yelled.

"He doesn't need hideous girls like you around him," Betty cleared her throat, "When you ran after Calum and this whole 'I don't know her' thing happened, you were dressed up... well, its just disturbing how you appear to be flat chested and tie up your hair under the snapback and you actually look like Calum's twin, but yeah, the point is - why will he take you out on a party when he knows how stupid your dressing sense is?" 

"He was making fun of me with Lola and Arshi today in class, they were saying how I've still not hit puberty! Urgh!" I threw the pillow at the wall.

"Darling, if you go around like this people are gonna say that," Amy shook her head, "Look, Em, if you want people to consider the fact that you're a girl maybe just start acting like one. I'm not saying change yourself to get attention and all that shit. Be sarcastic, be gross, but at least dress up like... you know, you're a girl? I was like you but you're growing up, baby. Just like me. You will want people to stop treating you like crap and you will want to be noticed. Look, I'm just as gross as you but when I wanted Luke to know that I can be serious and he shouldn't just run away from me - I started changing some things, you know? Like my dressing sense. I don't go around wearing skirts, but I don't wear jerseys like those. I don't wear high heels all the time, but I don't wear shoes that stink and make everyone around me want to puke,"

"In short - she means you gotta embrace yourself, Em. You have such beautiful hair and beautiful eyes, you are beautiful. But I don't know why you have to make those boys make you feel like a piece of shit? Well, I will talk to Calum because this is so not him. We all know he can't live without talking to you, but you're way better than the entire group of fake bitches with Lola. And you gotta show them what you have," Betty added.

"Yeah and then show Michael what he's missing out and let Calum know what kind of a jerk he is to leave you like that," Amy nodded.

"How will Calum know?" I asked.

"Ignore him back," Betty blinked as if she couldn't believe I even asked that, "Stop giving that guy so much attention. Hang out with Erin and Tommy. Calum isn't the only friend you have,"

"But, Em, don't quit football, you're doing really good. But please carry extra clothes, your shoes and jersey stink like balls," Amy sighed, "but only do it if you're okay with it."

"No, you guys are right. I'm a girl and I'm sick of people making me feel like I'm an exception. Obviously, I'm not giving up on sports but guys can't treat me like trash,"

"So you're okay with it?" they asked.

"Okay."