14.

"Wait, am I getting this right?" Amy spoke, "First, he said he likes you. Then he said he can't date you because he doesn't want people to think he's dating a freak. Then he comes and sees you and gets you chocolates, which is very nice of him because these chocolates are amazing," she continued, stuffing her face with more chocolate, "Then he tells you that he likes you again and then he says he can't date you because he's not sure if he loves you but he still wants to love you?" She took a deep breath.

"Basically," I shrugged.

"That makes no sense!" Amy replied, "this is so sad that its actually funny. Why is he offering you such stupid excuses?"

"I don't know," I sighed, "its so annoying,"

"Just text him and ask him what he wants from you! Honestly!" Amy clenched her fists, "He's so confused and then he's confusing you!"

"Its either that, or he's just messing with you," Betty spoke after a lot of analyzing, "like, he says he likes you but he's making out with Lola all the time in school and after school. And Calum, the great human being, goes and tells him that you like him. Michael, on the other hand, is obnoxious and self centered. It may not be a big deal for him so he must be messing with you more, like leading you on and stuff,"

"How is he leading her on, though?" Amy asked, "he's clear that he doesn't want to date her,"

"Maybe he thinks you wanna date him really bad so he comes up to you and makes a stupid irrelevant point about why you guys can't date?" Betty offered another explanation, "Because that want-to-love-you explanation was stupid,"

"Yeah!" Amy suddenly exclaimed, "Has to be that! Boys. They get too paranoid when they come to know you have a crush on them. Like, they think, your world revolves around them and you want them oh-so-so bad. So that's why he gives you such annoying reasons?"

"He's so self centered," I replied.

"Total opposite of you," Betty rolled her eyes, "I wish you could respect yourself more!"

"I tried to and then Calum just left me," I almost croaked.

"Oh, don't cry, baby," Amy cuddled with me, "Calum is being stupid. He's got his brain stuck in his ass,"

"I miss him," I started crying again, "I miss him so much and he doesn't even give me a chance and then humiliates me in front of Michael! He just went away! Saying how he'll ignore me more... That's just so rude, I don't mean anything to him," I cried.

"Actually, Em," Betty bit her lower lip, "You mean a lot to him and he thinks he's losing you."

"Well, he was an idiot to go and tell Michael all of that! Now, if Michael wasn't a paranoid piece of shit, Em would date him and Calum would obviously lose her," Amy shrugged like a genius.

"I know," Betty shook her head, "Em, you have to make them realize that you can do it without them,"

"But if Michael doesn't want to date me or if he's being paranoid about me wanting him really bad, why does he keep saying that he likes me?" I asked.

"You're still there, idiot!" Betty replied, "He's just trying to be nice but he's terribly failing,"

"And what do I do?" I asked again.

"You..." Amy thought, "Next time you see him, you tell him you don't wanna date him either,"

"But I do!" I sighed.

"Shut up," both of them snapped at me.

"You respect yourself?" Amy asked sternly, "Woman, do you respect yourself?! He's turned you down so many times! That asshole. And you tell him you don't need his shit,"

"Okay," I mumbled, "I don't know where this is going, honestly,"

"Well," Betty smirked, "I do. Michael is so totally gonna come back to you and ask you out when you show him where he stands. Like, he ain't a super model, you know? And he will accept you for who you are when you show him,"

"I showed him, remember? Wearing your clothes?" I replied.

"No, that was showing what you got," Amy winked, pervert.

"And what are we gonna do now?" I asked, blankly.

"Tell him that you don't wanna date him too. He's not that important like he thinks, and he doesn't have to offer you dumb explanations like those and get to go away with it," Amy replied, "You're a gem, Em," she chuckled and then got serious, "And if anyone treats you lesser than that, then they're gonna get some lessons about how special you are,"

"Amy," I started crying again, "Betty, just thank you so much for being there in this fucked up situation,"

"Its okay," Betty replied, "We're friends for that reason. We'll be here for you, always,"

"I just wish Calum was here too," I whined.