Ch. 2 Derek

Walking through the woods of his families property was always calming for him. The sounds of the birds and wild life running around filled his ears. He tightened his eyes listening harder and found the familiar heart beat of a certain hyperactive teenager in the suburbs. Derek felt a smile play on his lips. It was the same heart beat that made his own heart jump with joy every time he heard it. The person being the reason behind his new house.

The Hale house wasn't the same and of course it shouldn't be the same. Stiles said it wouldn't be healthy for Derek to build the same version of his house. However Derek could feel the pain and burn that touched his skin looking at the new version of his old childhood home. He could see Cora from the corner of his eyes, her light brown eyes big and tearful. Peter put his hand on his nieces shoulder hoping to help her in some way.

Derek drew his attention back to the house. It was nothing like his old one. It was four stories counting the basement under the house.The porch was wrapped around the house ending at the front sides. A porch swing swung with a light push of the wind. There were large windows with blue curtains pulled back to the side on both sides of the double front door.

The house was inviting. "You did it." Peters voice sounded broken. His eyes didn't move from the house. "She would be so proud." His voice cracked with the mere mention of Derek's mother. His sister. Derek felt the pain as well. More so because he was an Alpha. He did this for his family. His pack. Derek turned when the sound of a car pulled up and watched as his pack members got out of Stiles' jeep.

They stood frozen in their spot, eyes big with surprise, he waited patiently for their reaction. Erica was the first to break. She squealed with delight before she took off running to the doorway. Isaac was next, yelling for Erica to wait for him. Boyd let a smile come to his face before he followed his mate and best friend to the house, tugging a speechless Jackson with him. Yet Stiles moved to stand next to him.

No words left his mouth but a light touch on Derek's arm made Derek feel a little bit better about everything. Together the four of them went to join the betas in the house. Walking in Stiles turned first to the living room, which was big. It held two couches, a love seat and a lazy chair in a square like shape around the fireplace. There was a rug in front and the TV was set up on the mantle. A bookshelf was on the front wall, in between the windows, board games filled them.

In the hallway the doorway to the basement was under the stairwell and the back door lead to a mud room, Stiles asked for that, before leading out to the woods. Next to the living room there was the library filled with books and books on mythology and monsters. The door on the right side of that room lead to the meeting room. On the other side of the of the stairway was the dinning room. A beautiful dark oak table lined with four seats on each side and one at the head and end of the table. Next to that was the downstairs bathroom.

A door on the right in the dinning room lead to the kitchen. Stiles smiled a big and bright smile at the sight of something he would most likely use the most. The kitchen had a big marble island table in the middle. Oak cabinets lining the bottom and the walls. Holding plates, cups, mugs, pots, pans, forked, knifes, spoons, etc. A big stove was in the middle and a little fire like place going up to the roof. A fridge, big enough to hold food for an army, was right next to that.

Derek stood in the doorway watching as Stiles ran around it. Opening and looking into everything so he knew where they were when he cooked here. Stiles stopped finally turning to look at Derek, who stood up from leaning against the doorway. Stiles smiled again before he moved to hug the wolf. Derek hugged him back smiling himself. This had been a thing with Stiles and him, hugging while no one was around, it made Derek feel more conformable since he started to hug the pack more too.