Ch. 18 Derek

With the name now known it was like Derek was a completely different person. He no longer stayed at his parents' house, that night when he woke up from the dream Derek took his things and went to stay with at the family cabin — telling his family that he needed some time by himself to clear his head. Paige had been beyond upset with him, yelling in front of everyone that what he was doing selfish and he took it — looking at her with a blank stare that he used to give everyone when he was younger.

When she had finished yelling, Derek took his things and walked out. His mother let him go, knowing somehow that this was something he needed. So now he sat eating food in the small cabin on the backlands of the Hale property, trying his hardest to remember why this person, why Stiles is so important to him. "Come on, Derek." Stiles' voice filled his ears, causing Derek to look around. "You can't be that stupid, can you?" His lips pulled up in a smark. "Come back to me." 

Derek watched as Erica walked out of the house. A bag in her hand and a human slowly walking behind her. Boyd took the bags from her and Derek pushed off the car to talk to the sheriff, who had walked out of the house after his son. "You promise me, and you'll take care of him?" John asked, watching as Stiles got into the van that Derek had rented for this trip. "Of course sir." John looked hesitant, but he nodded his head. "Thank you." He finally said as all of the wolves piled into the car. 

Derek nodded before he made his way to the car as well. Stiles sat next to him in the passenger seat while Jackson, Cora, and Isaac sat in the middle, and Erica and Body sat in the very back with some of the things for the trip. Peter followed in a truck behind them with the rest of the elements, and once Derek knew everyone had everything, and they were ready to go, they were off. Stiles waved to his father as they went. 

The drive up there wasn't that long per se, but with six teenagers kept within one small place, it was taking its toll on Derek. This trip was for Stiles however and maybe a little bit for his pack. Derek somehow had to repay Stiles for taking care of his pack when the Alphas were in town. Truth be told that was his cover story, he would've done this for Stiles in a heartbeat. Erica had fallen asleep in the back while Body read his latest book, something Derek could never do in a car.

Cora had taken it upon herself to lay across the two boys in the middle and pester them about the weirdness that had bloomed between the two of them. Derek told her to leave it, and she could smell how they felt toward each other. Then again, it was funny to watch Jackson bitch about her leaving Isaac alone when he would blush — proving her theory more so. "Where are we going?" Stiles asked blinking slowly.

Within the first hour of switching stations and looking out the window, Stiles had fallen asleep and Derek knowing how hard it was for Stiles to sleep soundlessly was beyond happy knowing he and his betas presence made him feel safe enough to sleep without waking up screaming. Not that Derek knew Stiles did that or anything. "You'll see," Derek said, smiling as he saw the sign that he was looking for. "We're almost there."

A few more minutes and Stiles yelling, "CATWOMEN, WAKE UP!" Later they had arrived at their destination. Stiles was out first, his heart thumping in his chest like a rabbit as he got out of the van. Derek and the others followed, waiting for anything to tell them that this plain was going south. Derek watched as Stiles' eyes wandered to the open sky and then the sand under his feet, the sun hit his eyes just right, and Derek could've sworn they were on fire. "The beach." He turned to look at the wolves. A smile on his face. "You took me to the beach."

 The betas took off once seeing the smile that Siles now had. Erica and Cora were running to the water first the boys following close after. Peter slowly made his way to the sand sitting on a chair before pulling out the book he had been reading. Stiles was still stuck in his place, causing Derek to take his hand and lead him to the rest of the pack. Stiles laid in the sun most of the day taking up the warmth that it gave him till Erica and Cora both pulled him into the water to play chicken. Peter joined in as well.