Dead!Canada x Reader ~I'll Always Remember

He was the one no one remembered. Not even when he died did his own brother remember him. The only one besides you at his funeral was France. It was sad.

Yes, sad that he was dead, but even sadder that his own brother didn't remember him or his funeral. It was sad and pathetic. Needless to say you were pissed about that, but you didn't do anything. You were to depressed.

Matthew had been the love if your life. You didn't know what you were going to do. All it seemed like and well really all you did was sit at his grave. And cry.....and cry.

You always remembered him. That was one of the reasons you guys were so great together. Your relationship with him had lasted about 10 years (which isn't very long to countries like yourselves). 10 years of love, passion, promise; it was ten years of your life you spent. But you would never trade them.

You often asked yourself whether you should move on. But you always decided on no. But maybe it was time? It was. You couldn't bring yourself to do it then, but you have to get over it.

You un-curled yourself from the ball you were in and crouched down beside his grave. It was gonna be hard to talk considering you had tears pouring down your cheeks.

"I love you. I'll always love you. No matter how much so many people forgot you. Just know I-Ill always r-remember," you whispered quietly.

"I'll always remember our first date, the way you used to blush whenever we'd kiss, how shy you were on our first couple of dates," you smiled," Your smile, the way you laugh, the cute little curl of yours," you began to laugh," And I'll definitely always remember your love of maple syrup! Definitely!"

"I'll always remember you Matthew. I promise," you said smiling. With that said you got up off the ground and walked out to your car. You turned back once. A single rear ran down your cheek. "Goodbye Canada," you whispered. And with that you walked to your car, got in, and drove away.