4

"Supreme Leader?"

Kylo Ren looked up from his notepad and saw a Stormtrooper standing there.

"A message from our base near Ilum. A X-Wing was seen leaving the planet a few hours ago."

An uncomfortable feeling spread in Ren's gut upon hearing this. Ilum was a kyber crystal source, even the most important.

"Find this X-Wing. It could be important to locate the new Resistance base."

The Trooper saluted and left again.

Rey... what are you doing?

...

"We almost found them. Seems like they are resting on Naboo."

Rey looked at her ring. The signal became stronger and stronger with every minute she and BB7 further approached Naboo.

Rey was looking outside of the front windshield. Somewhere out there he was, a dark lord, but the light so strong in him. She didn't want to have him angry at her. He was leading the whole universe. Almost.

The loud signal of BB7 pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Shit, a Star Destroyer!"

Immediately Rey took over the controls again. She set course away from Naboo.

"Come on BB7, we can't lead them towards Naboo and the Falcon!"

Luckily for her and her friends, Rey's plan worked. The Destroyer followed the X-Wing to a comfortable distance to Naboo. BB7 had doubts about its own safety, however- They were far away from getting any help in the worst case.

"Okay BB7. If we get caught, take the crystal and the broken lightsaber. You need to find a way back to my friends. Give the crystal to General Organa, she will know what to do."

BB7 sent Rey some worried sounds towards Rey.

"I will be fine. Don't worry."

Almost like the First Order could have heard them, another ship appeared in front of the X-Wing, jumping out of hyperspace.

"There is no escape. BB7, you have to get to Naboo. Ask for the general, maybe you even meet my good friend BB8. Good luck."

Rey took a deep breath and tied the ring around her neck with a string. She knew what was going to happen.

BB7 hopped into a small rescue capsule and was shot into the wide open space.

I need to put all their attention onto me.

Rey gained speed and fired some shots into the direction of the Tie-Fighters which were on their way to escort her into the commanding Destroyer's hangar. She flew around the first supporting ship and dodged the other Tie-Fighters.

When she saw the capsule getting out of the Wing's sight and escaping the desperate situation, Rey was hit by one of the Tie-Fighters. With the last speed she could earn from the damaged engines she crashed into the Star Destroyer's hangar.

The crash was heavy, ugly, and caused Rey to hit her head heavily with the torbulences throwing her around in the ship like a lifeless doll. Injured by the impact, she struugled to keep her eyes open as her sight faded to black.