15

"Oh Rey! Finally I see you again. Good fight on the Destroyer!"

She hugged Poe and laughed.

"All I did was run, I guess you were the number one Stormtooper-killer there!"

Poe winked.

"Finn and Rose are in the hangar with BB8. They need to fix the Falcon. How about if you go and help them? Chewie has been looking for you all day too."

Rey nodded smiling and made her way to the elevators. Once one arrived she stepped in and the doors closed.

At the Star Destroyer near Tatooine Kylo Ren was doing exactly the same.
The doors slided and the elevator started to move. The sound of the moving elevator went silent.

Rey stood next to him. It was like a deja-vu from the day Ren escorted Rey to Snoke's throne hall that was now Ren's.

"Rey?"

Rey faced him and looked up right into Ben's brown eyes. Her heartbeat quickened.

"Did you ever regret something?"

Rey didn't answer. It was quiet until Ren continued talking.

"I do. I regret a lot."

Ben's eyes filled with tears.

"I regret killing my father. I regret every innocent life I took. I regret damaging people and their loved ones. I regret causing so much pain to the galaxy."

A tear rolled down Ben's face. Rey felt with him. He was broken and Rey knew it. He was hurting and Rey waa hurting with him.

"And most of that all I regret leaving my mother. The person who always believed in me. "

Ben blinked and stared into Rey's eyes. They started to fill with tears too.

Rey his hand.

"I am with you, Ben. I feel the pain you feel. And I am here with you."

Rey's heart beated so fast. Ben tightened his grip around Rey's hand.

"But you know what I do not regret at all? Killing Snoke instead of you."

A tear rolled down Rey's face.

"I regret too."

Rey's voice was shaking uncontrollably.

"I regret doing this scar to you."

Ben placed his other hand at Rey's cheek. His breath was uncontrolled and his hand was shaking with every move.

"You know, Kylo Ren wouldn't do that now."

Ben's hands were still shaking but his calm whispering voice sounded soft and controlled. Rey got lost in his eyes and stopped thinking.

"But Ben Solo would."

With these words he kissed her as gently and passionately as he could. Rey wrapped her hands around Ben's neck kissing him back. Ben placed his hands on Rey's waist holding her tight.

When they interrupted the kiss Rey smiled. And Ben smiled back. This was the first time ever Rey had seen Ben smiling.

Then the force bond collapsed. The elevator doors opened to the hangar . Rey went out still blushing and a shy smile on her lips.
Ben smiled the first time for months. When he walked out to meet Hux in the machine room Hux gave him a confused look. Ben played it down by pretending he yawned. But every time Hux turned his back on him Ben tried desperately not to laugh.
______________________________

We did it!