9

Ren was confused. He had felt strange lately. Not hurt, not sick or sad or something.

Almost satisfied.
But he didn't achieve anything? He didn't use his power to show his strength or found out anything to stop the Rebellion from growing.

No anger. No pain. He was feeling good.

What is this?

Ren didn't visit Rey the past day. He was busy with other things. With destroying her friends and hope.

His mother.

Hux and him spent their hours trying to locate the Millennium Falcon. But every new step they took brought no new knowledge to them.

"We have only one day left Supreme Leader. We are waiting for instructions."

Kylo Ren stared out of his window. Here was something in him that kept him from acting. Hid inner conflict was stronger than ever.

I can't destroy them. But I need to.

I have to.

"Leave me alone for a moment. I have to think."

Hux left the room and the other generals followed him.

"What is up with you?", Ren told himself.

Of all sudden the background noises stopped. Ren turned around and faced her.

"Rey? Are you okay?"

Rey took a step nearer to Ren.

"Yes I am. You look a little messed up."

Ren looked down to the ground.

"I can't explain it. I just feel changed. And I honestly don't like it."

Rey gave him a understanding look.

"Don't worry, Ben. I feel it too."

Rey did not know what was happening here. She suddenly felt a connection with her biggest enemy. Her bad half. Her complete opposite. She should fight him. He killed her father figure. His own father. He brought her friends in danger. But instead of being angry she stood there, telling him nice things.

Rey turned her back on Ren. She couldn't afford this. She couldn't afford forgiving him.

Yet.

"Rey?"

Her heart raced. She was scared of it all.

"Thank you."

A tear rolled down her face. Maybe she had a chance to turn him. She should try. But was she ready?

Then Hux rushed in and Rey disappeared in front of Ren's eyes.

"We have a clue to the Resistance! They are meeting on Tatooine."

Ren froze. This was it.
The First Order had the ability to destroy the Resistance. Once and forever.

"We are awaiting your instructions, great Supreme Leader."

Kylo was struggeling with himself. Did he really want to destroy everything Rey loved? This would also end her. Her and her hope. And there was no way she would turn to the dark side after the destruction by exactly this side.

Suddenly the star destroyer was shaken by gunfire. Ren stumbled but caught himself from falling fast.

《Kylo Ren, the Resistance is attacking us! Many X-Wings are approaching and bigger main ships are following them!》

Anger overcame Kylo. He rushed out of the room onto the bride and force choked the first technician he could reach.

"How could that happen?! Start the  Tie-Fighters."

The technician hit the ground again. Ren rushed off the bridge. He knew what the attacking ships were coming for.