16

Hours passed and Rey started to realize what she and Ben had done. They had fallen for each other, lightyears apart and on different sides of a gigantic war that threatened to destroy them both. On top Rey was a Jedi, at least an upcoming one and they were not allowed to love.
What were they going to do now?

Rey tried to sleep about it. Maybe she should tell the General about her and Ben.

But Ben Solo would.

What did Ben mean? Is Kylo Ren dead? Was he turning?

It was evening. Rey tested in her room laying in her bed and staring at the roof while thinking about Ben. It was so silent she didn't notice the force bond connecting.

Ben saw her laying on her bed. Without saying a word he laid next to her and took her hand carefully.

"We are in serious trouble."

Rey giggled with a sad sound in her voice.

"Yes we are. But I don't regret it. I want to be with you."

Ben turned his head onto Rey's direction and she faced him as well.

"Ben? Is Kylo Ren dead?"

Ben frowned. He did not know. He was unsure. All that mattered in this moment was Rey.

"I don't know. Right now I am Ben. And I will stay Ben even if I have to fight my own Generals and Admirals."

Ben looked back at the roof.

"Why don't you join the resistance? We could fight together."

Ben got up from the bed and looked back at his lover.

"I am sorry. But I can't do that yet."

Ben had to finish his chapter here before he could leave it. As much as it hurt him, Rey had to wait.

She nodded.

"But remember that I care about you Ben. I know you are strong enough to do the right thing. You made the right decision before. You can do it again", Rey said remembering how he saved her from Snoke.

Ben gave Rey a light smile and let go of her hand. As soon as her hand slipped out of his Rey was gone.

...

Rey slept bad this night. She felt defenceless and weak. She felt like a  fool.

How dare she break the Jedi codex without even being a real Jedi yet? Especially with a dark enemy who killed and threatened so many people.

She was ashamed for not controlling her feelings and actions. But on the other hand she wondered what was so bad at love. Love was like a force that had to be controlled. Passion leads to the dark side, she knew that.
But she still couldn't understand why the Jedi forbade the whole feeling of love. And she did not want to accept it.

Luke told her it was time for the Jedi to end. But Rey thought otherwise. What if she built up the Jedi again. Slightly different from what they had been. 

With the permission to love.

Rey started to write some important notes down about her ideas. The Resistance was only hours away from Tatooine.

What they did not know: the First Order's biggest Star Destroyer was on its way there too.