12

Rey was blinded by the brightness of her saber. She covered her eyes with one hand to get used to the light.

Leia had a bright smile on her face. She seemed proud. And hopeful.

"Good work, Rey. You restored the hope in the Resistance. Well done."

Rey smiled back. Although she was tired she loved the feeling of being wanted and looked up to.

"I am sure you are tired. You should go and rest some hours. If you need anything, tell me."

Rey thanked the General and left her room. Finn led her to a free room on the second platform.

The room was casual but totally enough. One one wall there was the bed and a small wardrobe. Rey had no clothes except of what she was wearing so she put in there her lightsaber and the ring. Not one second too early.

The background noises disappeared and Rey saw herself in front of Kylo Ren. He had his back turned to her.

"Ben, are you okay?"

Ren faced Rey. When he turned around she noticed that he limped.

"As good as I need to be."

His voice built goosebumps on Rey's skin. He never had an effect like that but this time Rey felt defeated.

"Have you slept?"

Ren narrowed his eyes.

"Why the questions about my health? You should be happy i am injured, be proud you did this to me. You landed a hit and stroke me down. I am your biggest enemy and you should really not worry about me."

Rey took a few steps nearer to Ren so she stood right in front of him. She looked right up into his scarred face.

"But I do."

And then he was gone. She was staring into the air.

At the other side of the galaxy she left a madly confused sith sitting on his bed sticking his head into his hands.

Who was he doing this for? He was a monster. A monster who killed his father. His master. The person who told his old master he would destroy people. Woman and children.

But she cared. Rey still somehow believed in him like no one else did.

And she would be destroyed too.

Ren started to have a headache. He laid down at his bed and fell asleep quickly.