8

The light side in you.

The words still in her head, Rey sat down on her bed. Suddenly, the ring around her neck started to vibrate.

I can't just take this ring out now. The gaurds are watching me.

She pretended to go to sleep and took it out carefully. The ring showed one word after another.

Watch
Yourself.

We
Will
Rescue
You.

Don't
Be
Scared,
Rey.

Rey held the ring tight to her heart. Her family was coming for her.

She was not alone. And she felt the hope filling her head and her heart. Gaining more braveness she concentrated and saw the Resistance.
Finn and Poe helping BB8 into Poe's X-Wing and Leia talking to some other members of the group. Then Chewie, and with him BB7-E! He made it! That droid was tough, she knew it.

They will rise again. Hope will help us recover from the loss caused through the First Order.

And Kylo Ren? What would Rey do with him? Kill him?

I can't kill him. I just can't.

In that moment she drifted away into a light sleep.

...

"Good morning."

Rey jumped up, ready to defend herself. Ren stood in front of her bars, holding a tablet with some food on it.

Rey gave him a confused look.

"I... uhm... didn't expect that. But could you put down that mask, Ben?"

I wnt to see your beautiful face.

Wait what?

Ren did what Rey asked him to do. He gave her the food and pulled off his mask.

She ate with a great appetite. She had not been eating for days.

"Why are you giving me food?"

"It wouldn't be convenient if you die."

Rey laughed a little.

"No, why are YOU bringing me food?"

He stayed silent. Ben was staring to the ground as he could damage it with his bare look.

"We need to talk."

Rey looked up from her bread.

"Then talk."

"What did you mean with 'the light in me'?"

Rey narrowed her eyes. This was going to be a interesting conversation.

"The light is strong in you. Just like it has been in your grandfather. Leia often told me the story how he turned right before his death."
Luke often spoke about a balance of the force. Not only in all existing animals, things but also in people. Especially force sensitive ones."

Rey took another bite of her food.

"If the dark side gets too strong in a person, they turn to the dark. If the light side is stronger they stay on the light side."

"I know that, too."

Luke mentioned that. I kept that.

"There is always a person on the opposite side if the force. Like a jing-jang experience."

"And you are mine."

Rey felt herself blushing.

Oh god, Rey control yourself. This isn't any person, this quite literally is your biggest enemy.

With a lot of light in him.

"Y-yes. I guess."

Rey had finished her meal. Ren took the tablet.

"Okay. Thank-"

Ren cut off. He almost thanked his biggest enemy. Shocked, he just walked out.

Rey caught herself thinking about nothing else the rest of the day. She almost missed another message from General Organa.

Soon.
Prepare.

Soon it will all be over.