Together

Gale's pov
   It seems like it's been forever since I've been able to stare into her beautiful grey eyes. I whisper, just loud enough to hear, "God I've missed you Catnip." She smiles to herself before leaning in and kissing me. It takes me a moment to register what's happening before I begin kissing her back. It was a gentle kiss, but it was filled with everything I wanted to say but couldn't.
When we finally break apart, we hear some wolf-whistles and clapping and katniss starts to blush. She buries her face in my shirt and I scoop her up off of the ground and follow Mrs. Everdeen and Prim back to their small home in the seam. The whole way there, Katniss and I cling to each other, still trying to believe that this is all real- that she came home, that we'll never be separated again, and that we can start our future together without having to ever worry about financial stability.

Katniss's pov
I know we've made it to the house, but I don't want Gale to put me down. I just want to stay wrapped up in his strong arms forever. "Hey Catnip we're here," Gale says and I lift my head to see the inside of my old, small home. I don't want to leave his arms so I nuzzle my face into his neck and decide to push my luck by nibbling on him, right there in his sweet spot. I feel shivers go through his whole body and giggle. He groans sarcastically and sits both of us down on the small couch in our sitting area, with me on his lap. "You know I'm going to have to leave eventually. It's nearly dark," he whispers in my ear. I know he's right. At home, Gale has a lot of responsibility, including helping his mother get the little ones in bed. I'd never want to take him away from the ones who need him the most so I give him a long, slow kiss and tell him to meet me in the woods in the morning. He smiles at me and says, "I'd love nothing more than to hunt with my Catnip," before walking out the door.
    I head off to the back of the house to the bedroom Prim and I have always shared. Prim is already in her night clothes and is about to get in the bed when I walk in. She walks over to where I am and hugs me. She looks up at me and says, "Are you okay Katniss? I want to know the truth. I can handle it."  I sit down on the bed and tell her, "No. I'm not okay right now, but I will be. Tomorrow, we'll move into our new house and begin our new life, free of struggles for food and warmth. I'll go hunting with Gale in the morning and that will help. I'll get better, you'll see. I have you, Mom, Hazel, and I have Gale.  You guys will help me get better." She too gets in the bed and blows out the lamp, then asks, "You love him, don't you?"
I know who she's telling about- Gale, of course. "Yes, I do," I tell her before turning over and trying to fall asleep.