Chapter 33

"El, there's a guy at the door for you." Ashley shakes me softly.

"Unless he has black hair, and hazel brown eyes I don't want to see him." I whine, gripping my pillow tighter. I'm not sure how long I've been here, and I don't quite remember falling asleep.

"Well, he has cute wavy hair, and bright green eyes so I don't think you're losing right now." I hear her laugh, and in the back of my mind I know it's Harry.

I pull myself up from the comforting zebra print sheets, and run my hands through my hair. Ashley watches me carefully, while typing an essay on her laptop. As I open the door, Harry stands up straight, excited.

"Hey, are you still up for a party?" He smiles kindly.

Truthfully, right now I'm not. I'd like to lay in my bed and blog all night with a box of pizza tote over this break up, but that wouldn't be healthy. I'm not one to typically give a fuck about healthy foods anyway.

"Yeah, I think it would help." I lie, mainly to myself.

"I heard about your breakup." He frowns slightly.

"I thought you and Zayn weren't friends?" He reaches out, and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear gently. Much too close for my comfort.

"We're not, we just know the same people. Whatever he tells them, eventually gets back to me." He shrugs, leaning against the door frame, causing me to step back.

"Well yes, we broke up. He doesn't have to settle for me anymore." I hint at our past conversations, and he winces.

"I didn't mean it that way Ella." He rubs the back of his neck, nervously.

"It's okay, even if you did, it's true." I shrug my shoulders, stuffing my hands in the pocket of my hoodie.

"Listen, about the party," he looks up, changing the subject. "I'll pick you up tonight, and we'll have a good time."

His attempt to lighten the mood makes me smile, and it feels good to smile after about an hour of crying. He walks away, pulling his phone out of his much too tight black jeans. I shut the door, to find Ashley two feet away staring wide eyed at me.

"It's not even like that." I roll my eyes, pushing my way past her.

"Never said it was." She shakes her head, and returns to her laptop.

She remains quiet as I leave, and it leaves an unsettling feeling.

-----

The music is pounding, and makes my head throb. I haven't eaten all day, even before the whole fiasco with Zayn. I know I shouldn't drink, but I can't keep thinking of him the whole night. Or else I won't be able to have any fun.

Drinking makes everything fun.

"Okay, I'd like to introduce you to some people!" He shouts over the constant thudding in my ear.

I nod, squinting around the dark living room through the flashing lights. He places his hand on my back, guiding me gently toward a large group of guys. They all have bright red cups in their hands, and I remind myself to grab one soon.

"This is Liam!" He yells in my ear, as the man lends his hand out for me to shake. His soft brown eyes are so kind, although he reminds me of Zayn with the amount of tattoos inked on his skin.

"Hey babe." He smiles at me.

"Hi." I nod and smile. Harry points to another, but I already recognize him from the last party.

Louis.

"Louis! Nice to meet you again!"

"My name is Lilly, remember?" He glares at me, and laughs as my face falls. "I'm kidding, hey nice to see you again, sober."